Duellinois (online) February 6 and 13, 2021

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
TheDoctor
Rikku

Duellinois (online) February 6 and 13, 2021

Post by TheDoctor »

I'm pleased to announce Duellinois, a tossups-only online solo/dual tournament to be held the mornings of February 6 and 13 using the 2020-21 Scobol Solo set. This tournament is only open to Illinois players who have not yet played this year's Scobol Solo. The tournament structure will depend on the number of players/teams we end up with, but I anticipate offering all players/teams five games each day of competition.

This is intended primarily as a solo tournament but, in recognition of the fact that many of us are having trouble finding funding for online events, dual teams will be allowed. I strongly encourage teams to sign up strictly solo teams when possible.

The tournament will be run through SCOP, since my administration isn't comfortable with sponsoring a Discord-based tournament. The fees are structured to get Duellinois as close as possible to breaking even, but if we end up with a profit, it will be donated to PACE.

The cost is $25/team (one solo player or a two-person team). For each moderator your school volunteers, you get up to two teams at $5 each instead of $25. For example, four teams and two moderators will cost $20 total. Volunteered moderators must commit to reading both days, and must have experience reading online OR attend an online training session prior to the tournament. The registration form is available here. You can contact me at [email protected] with questions.

Moderators not affiliated with teams will be paid $20 per day of reading ($40 for the full event). You can sign up to moderate at this form.
Kristin Strey
SCOP
Head Coach, Winnebago High School (2014-)
Head Coach, Thurgood Marshall School (Rockford) (2022-)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-2012)
Northern Illinois University Quiz Bowl Association founder