NAQT Will Resume Providing Questions for In-Person Tournaments

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT Will Resume Providing Questions for In-Person Tournaments

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT is pleased to announce that we will resume licensing questions for in-person quiz bowl tournaments in the United States effective August 1, 2021.

We will also continue allowing online tournaments at least through July 31, 2022. NAQT may impose (or suggest) restrictions on aspects of online tournaments such as, but not limited to, invitees, integrity policies, technology use, and qualifier status.

If you would like to host an NAQT tournament in 2021–2022, either in-person or online, please fill out our form or write to [email protected].

Our first Middle School Series set for the 2021–2022 competition year will not be available until Saturday, October 30, 2021.

When your organization is ready to resume hosting in-person quiz bowl tournaments, please consider continuing precautions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Such precautions may include…

-Encourage tournament attendees, especially staff who will spend significant time reading aloud, to wear masks.

-When weather, noise, and question security allow, leave windows and doors open to ensure that game rooms are well ventilated and allow the free circulation of air.

-When weather permits, encourage teams to stay outdoors during non-gameplay periods (such as lunch or breaks between rounds) rather than gathering in enclosed indoor spaces.

-Most importantly, NAQT strongly recommends that as many in-person tournament attendees as possible be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We strongly encourage all in-person tournaments to require that all attendees (in all capacities) be fully vaccinated, unless prohibited by applicable law.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred