2021 William Rufus King Memorial Tournament (WRK)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Turquoise
Lulu

2021 William Rufus King Memorial Tournament (WRK)

Post by Turquoise »

I am excited to announce that, after a one-year hiatus, the Alabama Academic Quiz Bowl Team will be hosting the William Rufus King Memorial Tournament on Saturday, October 9th, 2021. We plan to use NAQT IS-204 for the question set in this tournament. Registration is at https://www.naqt.com/registration/regis ... &type=TEAM

We are currently planning on holding the tournament in ten Hoor Hall. Of course, the COVID-19 situation is constantly changing and we may move this tournament online if deemed necessary.

FIELD:
The field is currently capped at 16 teams with a limit of 3 teams per school. This may be expanded pending more available staffers. There will be no JV/Varsity distinction.

FEES:
$50 for each team (up to 3 teams per school)
$10 discount for each working buzzer system
$10 discount for each experienced staffer
Minimum fee of $30
Payment should be exchanged on the day of the tournament in either cash or check. Checks should be made out to Alabama Academic Quiz Bowl Team.

If there are any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Brynn Jones
Lake Zurich 2015-19
Alabama 2019-23
Oregon State 2024-28
quizbowllee
Auron

Re: 2021 William Rufus King Memorial Tournament (WRK)

Post by quizbowllee »

It's great to see this tournament coming back! West Point has registered 2 teams.
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
Turquoise
Lulu

Re: 2021 William Rufus King Memorial Tournament (WRK)

Post by Turquoise »

I apologize but I overestimated the number of staffers we would be able to get for the tournament. As of now, I have cut back the field size to 12. This means that the field is now full. We may open this up again to 16 if we get enough staffers. If you register you will be put on the waitlist and will be able to go if we open up the field or if another team drops.

Current Field (as of 9/20) (12/12):
Alabama Cyber Tech
Bob Jones
Good Hope (in-process)
Holy Spirit
Hoover A
Hoover B
Hoover C
Lamar (in-process)
St. Bernard Prep
Vestavia Hills (in-process)
West Point A