Rowdy Raider Invitational (Dayton, OH - IS 206)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

Rowdy Raider Invitational (Dayton, OH - IS 206)

Post by djones »

I am excited to announce that the 15th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational will return in person this year at Northmont on Saturday, December 4th. The event will take place at Northmont High School, 4916 National Rd, Clayton, OH 45315. Registration for the event is now open on NAQT's website (https://www.naqt.com/schedule/) by scrolling down to the December 4th date. We have been assigned IS-206, which is also being used in Ohio at the Hicksville event, so please do not register for both of those tournaments.

The cost to attend is $65 per team, and we will be offering a $10 discount for bringing a buzzer set or a qualified moderator. (Please let me know if you plan to take those discounts). We are planning to allow for 24 varsity teams and an 8 team JV division. Please make a note in your registration if you prefer for one of your teams to play JV and we will try to accommodate you.

Due to Covid guidelines within our district, there are a few rules that teams must follow if attending the event:
1) All students and coaches must be masked at all times regardless of vaccination status.
2) Teams are limited to 6 players per team (if you are bringing 2 teams you get 12, etc). Also, we are limiting the adult presence in the building during the event. Teams can bring one coach per team playing, but should not bring parents or other spectators. Our goal is to limit the number of people in each competition room.
3) Teams will be sent out into the community for lunch, and will not be permitted to eat in the school building.

We are planning to limit the number of teams in attendance to 32, so if you plan to attend, please let me know ASAP. To register, please go out to NAQT's site and complete the registration information. If you have any problems with registering, please let me know and I can help you.

We are asking teams to arrive by 8:45 AM. We will not do an opening meeting with teams (but will do a short meeting with coaches), and will start play promptly at 9 AM. All teams will play 10 games and we will have everything concluded not later than 4 PM, likely earlier.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all in Clayton in December!!
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: Rowdy Raider Invitational (Dayton, OH - IS 206)

Post by djones »

Updated Field (as of 10/11) (21 of 32)
Beavercreek (1)
Ben Logan (1)
Copley (2)
Fisher Catholic (1)
Glasgow (2)
Indian Hill (1)
Indian Lake (1)
Little Miami (4)
Miami Valley School (1)
Northmont (2)
Springboro (2)
Talawanda (2)
Tippecanoe (1)
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Re: Rowdy Raider Invitational (Dayton, OH - IS 206)

Post by djones »

Congratulations to Beavercreek A who won the championship of the Rowdy Raider Invitational, defeating Solon A in the championship game. Talawanda defeated Northmont to win the JV division. Thanks to all teams who attended and to our many volunteer staffers from around the state. Full stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7139/
David Jones