Books & Material

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Vixor
Lulu

Books & Material

Post by Vixor »

Hello, I will be having the regional bee in about 5 days for junior varsity. I previously believed it would be easy as I am relatively good at history, but there just so happens to be possibly the best history player in the state playing JV (who I thought was playing Varsity). What books should I cram and what material should I use to study? (I have about 30 hours total to prepare)

Thanks,
Terrified Player
Vishal Rameshbabu
[James Clemens High School]

Muhammad bin Tughluq, upon his ascent to the throne of Delhi, conducted a massacre at Kannauj. He moved the capital of Delhi to Daulatabad in Maharashtra for centralization after his conquest of Warangal Fort in Telangana. Tughluq defended India in the north against the Chagatai Khanate, and was later defeated by Prithvi Chand II in in Kangara. Tughluq standardized brass and copper coinage, taking away from the market value of gold.
db0wman
Wakka

Re: Books & Material

Post by db0wman »

https://www.historybowl.com/resources/s ... resources/

Packet reading is probably going to be your best way of cramming.
Dylan Bowman
Uni '20; Illinois '23
TheScientists
Lulu

Re: Books & Material

Post by TheScientists »

It's already too late in your scenario (sorry about that!) - but I'd also like to mention that search engines like QuizDB are also a great resource for last minute stuff. YouTube channels like Kings & Generals, Extra Credits, and Historia Civilis are also great last-minute things to binge or play in the background.