IAC Call for PAID Regional Finals Moderators

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Arthur.Ramsay
Lulu

IAC Call for PAID Regional Finals Moderators

Post by Arthur.Ramsay »

Arthur.Ramsay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:22 pm International Academic Competitions is looking for readers for our Middle School and Elementary Division Regional Finals (National History Bee, US Academic Bee, and National Science Bee), taking place at approximately 50 regional sites between February and April 2020. We're especially interested in teachers (history, science, and other subjects), experienced buzzer competition readers, and current/former players (high school juniors and older), but are willing to consider all submissions!

Unlike many quiz bowl tournaments, we're able to pay readers - $65 each for the History Bee (4 morning rounds + early afternoon finals) and Science Bee (4 afternoon rounds + finals), and $35 for the Academic Bee (2 early afternoon rounds + finals); readers who stay all day will get $165 for reading 10-13 competition rounds. We're also hiring Competition Coordinators (who will function similarly to traditional Tournament Directors) and Statistics Directors, both of whom will be asked to work all day but at higher rates; please contact me ([email protected]) for more information on those roles as well.

A list of all Regional Finals sites can be found on this page. If you are interested in staffing any of these events, please email [email protected] with the name of the regional site(s) you are interested in reading at and IAC will send your information on to the staff coordinator for your specified tournament(s). If you have any questions, feel free to email Sean Briody at [email protected] or me at [email protected].
Arthur W. Ramsay
Member, PACE
Half Hollow Hills West '14, SUNY Empire State '17
I have never been Cal's Smartest Student nor have I won Teen Jeopardy!