Middle School Tournaments near Savannah, Ga?

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
ArianeWright
Kimahri

Middle School Tournaments near Savannah, Ga?

Post by ArianeWright »

I am looking for one more tournament to do with my middle school quiz bowlers (aside from the state tournament, which we do every year). I was wondering if anyone knows about a tournament within a reasonable drive from Savannah, Ga. A reasonable trip would be 6-7 hours or less. Thanks for the help! You can always email me at [email protected] with info if you have any!

~Ariane Wright
Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant
Yuna

Re: Middle School Tournaments near Savannah, Ga?

Post by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant »

Have you checked out the GATA calendar? There are a few in-state middle school tournaments listed in addition to GATA's.
Farrah Bilimoria
Formerly of Georgia Tech and Central High School (Macon)
MitchAlday
Lulu

Post by MitchAlday »

ArianeWright wrote:I am looking for one more tournament to do with my middle school quiz bowlers (aside from the state tournament, which we do every year). I was wondering if anyone knows about a tournament within a reasonable drive from Savannah, Ga. A reasonable trip would be 6-7 hours or less. Thanks for the help! You can always email me at [email protected] with info if you have any!

~Ariane Wright
Come to ours! http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/885/
Mitch Alday
Quiz Bowl Ronin
Former Coach - Bainbridge HS (GA)
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

MitchAlday wrote:
ArianeWright wrote:I am looking for one more tournament to do with my middle school quiz bowlers (aside from the state tournament, which we do every year). I was wondering if anyone knows about a tournament within a reasonable drive from Savannah, Ga. A reasonable trip would be 6-7 hours or less. Thanks for the help! You can always email me at [email protected] with info if you have any!

~Ariane Wright
Please remember that this tournament and Chattahoochee High School's middle school tournament on March 10 are using the same packet set, and so you (and any other school in Georgia) would have to choose between the tournaments.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
CSQuizJags
Tidus

Post by CSQuizJags »

cvdwightw wrote:
MitchAlday wrote:

~Ariane Wright
Please remember that this tournament and Chattahoochee High School's middle school tournament on March 10 are using the same packet set, and so you (and any other school in Georgia) would have to choose between the tournaments.
Chattahoochee most likely won't be hosting their event this year, so Bainbridge would be the way to go.
Cedar Shoals HS Academic Team:
2011, 2012, and 2013 Classic City Academic Team Champions
2014 Region 8-AAAAA Varsity and JV Champions
2013 GATA Class AAAAA JV State Champions
2014 WSB-TV HighQ Tournament Champions
Arthur Banks, Advisor
Joshua Rutsky
Tidus

Post by Joshua Rutsky »

You'd also be welcome at Hoover's 2nd Middle School Melee on December 1. We are using MS-04.

Joshua Rutsky
Hoover High School
Hoover, AL
Joshua Rutsky
VP for Curriculum and Camp Operations, Qwiz
ASCA Board Member
Hoover High School Coach (Retired)
CSQuizJags
Tidus

Post by CSQuizJags »

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13527

Or come to Athens, just 206 miles away!
Cedar Shoals HS Academic Team:
2011, 2012, and 2013 Classic City Academic Team Champions
2014 Region 8-AAAAA Varsity and JV Champions
2013 GATA Class AAAAA JV State Champions
2014 WSB-TV HighQ Tournament Champions
Arthur Banks, Advisor