Automatic Live Standings

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Automatic Live Standings

Post by Whiter Hydra »

I am demoing a live standings page that I am using for our mirror of Prison Bowl. It automatically pulls data from hsquizbowl's database and uses an automatically generated schedule, meaning that it will update automatically as the day progresses and stats are uploaded to the Quizbowl database. I hope to get it fully working within the next month or so, but I wanted to have a working demo out. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

http://hdwhite.org/qb/standings/vtsi.php
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food
rajk
Lulu

Re: Automatic Live Standings

Post by rajk »

This looks pretty cool - I like the color coding. Unfortunately, I don't think many statskeepers regularly update their hsquizbowl database during the tournament, but rather just once after the tournament (that's how most tournaments work in SoCal anyway).

A question about your app - does it read directly from the HTML or is there a way to get the original SQBS file from a tournament page on hsquizbowl.org/db?
Last edited by rajk on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bala
UC Berkeley, 2018
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Re: Automatic Live Standings

Post by Whiter Hydra »

rajk wrote:A question about your app - does it read directly from the HTML or is there a way to get the original SQBS file from a tournament page on hsquizbowl.org/db?
For some reason, the SQBS files are not publicly accessible, so I have to pull from the actual HTML files.
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food