QEMS2 Appears to be down

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
aqblsheetsmanager
Lulu

QEMS2 Appears to be down

Post by aqblsheetsmanager »

I'm a high schooler who is interested in using QEMS2 as a method of possibly writing small housewrite packets. However, after I created an account on QEMS2, it redirected me to verify my account, and when I attempted to connect to the "accounts" page, it doesn't appear to work and the domain cannot be found. Does Jerry or anyone else possibly know what is going on here? Any help will be appreciated
AQBL Statsmin
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: QEMS2 Appears to be down

Post by Stained Diviner »

It's currently up. I don't know much about it, so there isn't much more I can tell you. I don't know whether or not it was down earlier today.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
aqblsheetsmanager
Lulu

The website is working successfully but unfortunately when I go to "verify my account" it says that that link doesn't work
AQBL Statsmin
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

biofanat wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm I'm a high schooler who is interested in using QEMS2 as a method of possibly writing small housewrite packets. However, after I created an account on QEMS2, it redirected me to verify my account, and when I attempted to connect to the "accounts" page, it doesn't appear to work and the domain cannot be found. Does Jerry or anyone else possibly know what is going on here? Any help will be appreciated
In the verification email, there is a "/" missing between the ".net" and the word "account." Adding this missing slash in the link should allow you to access QEMS. I was just able to upload a question so I don't think it's down.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
aqblsheetsmanager
Lulu

Oh that appears to be the problem. Thank you so much!
AQBL Statsmin
DavidB256
Lulu

Post by DavidB256 »

I too once tried to make a qems2 account, but the email verification link never worked for me. I had my verification message resent upon seeing this post, but the link still took me to a Chrome error page saying: "This site can't be reached." And yes, there is a "/" between ".net" and "accounts" in the url I'm using. Does anyone have any help/ideas?

Edit: It worked when I changed "http" to "https" in the verification link.
David Bass (he)
Johns Hopkins University
University of Virginia '23
Jamestown High School '19
Member, PACE
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Yeah sorry, this has been a long-standing issue that I need to fix. If you can't get it working e-mail me and I can manually fix it.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Rohangeo
Lulu

Post by Rohangeo »

Hello,

I am trying to get into QEMS but it says "This connection is not private." Do any of you know what could be happening?
Rohan Ganeshan

Quest Academy '20, Buffalo Grove HS '24
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Rohangeo wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:52 am Hello,

I am trying to get into QEMS but it says "This connection is not private." Do any of you know what could be happening?
Hrmm I think some server setting changed. I've mailed Jerry about it. In the meantime, you can still get to QEMS2 and it should be functional if you ignore the warning in your browser.

Edit: Looks like the SSL cert expired. Jerry's working on fixing it. Should be resolved soon.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008