Quiz Watch Data Analysis: How study trends change according to Quiz Bowl tournament frequency

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
Brandons42
Kimahri

Quiz Watch Data Analysis: How study trends change according to Quiz Bowl tournament frequency

Post by Brandons42 »

Hi all,

I set out to see if I could find out how study trends for Quiz-Bowl-ers change according to upcoming tournaments. My findings can be found here. On the web page you'll see some interactive graphs and a write-up if you scroll down. I apologize that it looks a little bit awkward on mobile devices. The data was collected from the hsquizbowl.org database and my own Quiz Bowl app, Quiz Watch.

I have more data from my app, including things like usage by country, so if you'd be interested in any more data analysis for different hypotheses (or if you have suggestions for improvements for this data analysis), feel free to reply to this post.

If you're interested in the code for the website, here is the Github repository.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you find the data interesting.
Brandon Suen

UC Berkeley '24
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Re: Quiz Watch Data Analysis: How study trends change according to Quiz Bowl tournament frequency

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

This is cool!
Brandons42 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:12 am suggestions for improvements
"quizbowlers".
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT