Electronic scoresheets

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
Mike Bentley
Sin

Electronic scoresheets

Post by Mike Bentley »

What's the state-of-the-art in electronic scoresheets? I've created my own Excel sheets for this task but I'm guessing someone has a good Google Sheets template out there, right? I see NAQT has one but that's closely tied to their format and also doesn't have multiple sheets (meaning you need a new document for each round).

Neg5 lets you collaboratively enter stats but doesn't emulate the full scoresheet, right?
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
whatamidoinghere
Wakka

Re: Electronic scoresheets

Post by whatamidoinghere »

Alistair mentioned that UCSD has a set of scoresheets here, as well as Shawrisheets. I believe Penn State also has a set of online scoresheets too, though I don't know of any links to them.
matthewspatrick
Lulu

Post by matthewspatrick »

Mike Bentley wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:58 pm I see NAQT has one but that's closely tied to their format and also doesn't have multiple sheets (meaning you need a new document for each round).
The scoresheet format thing might be a deal-breaker depending on the rules you are using, but the single worksheet thing is not a barrier. If you want, say, one file for each room, just copy the worksheet for as many times as you have rounds.
  1. Download the file from here
  2. Unprotect the worksheet (there is no password) so you can edit it
  3. Copy the worksheet for each round you need
  4. Rename the worksheet tabs for each round, or however you want to do it
Patrick Matthews
University of Pennsylvania 1989-94
NAQT Member Emeritus and co-founder
I do not speak for NAQT in any way, shape, or form.
whatamidoinghere
Wakka

Post by whatamidoinghere »

Mike Bentley wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:58 pm Neg5 lets you collaboratively enter stats but doesn't emulate the full scoresheet, right?
Regarding this, I believe the scoresheets in Neg5 go directly to the stats software, rather than it being a collaborative stats-entering software.
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

Not like this one's the greatest, but I did make one a couple years back that is designed more for displaying on a projector for spectators.
Generic Scoreboard.xlsx
(50 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
ashkum
Lulu

Post by ashkum »

The scoresheet template for Penn State's scoresheet system can be viewed here (for NAQT style tournaments). Anyone can make copies of the file. I can make specific scoresheet systems with tossup tracking upon request.

Scoresheets for PACE style tournaments.

Scoresheets for ACF style Tournaments.
Ashish Kumbhardare
President & Tournament Director, Rowan University Quizbowl Team
VP of Technology, PACE

Henderson (PA) '16 | Penn State '20 | Rowan '24
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Mike Bentley wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:58 pm What's the state-of-the-art in electronic scoresheets? I've created my own Excel sheets for this task but I'm guessing someone has a good Google Sheets template out there, right? I see NAQT has one but that's closely tied to their format and also doesn't have multiple sheets (meaning you need a new document for each round).

Neg5 lets you collaboratively enter stats but doesn't emulate the full scoresheet, right?
After some further exploration it does seem that Neg5 has a scoresheet. This seems like the system to recommend.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

At least when stats are entered as a game summary (similar to SQBS) rather than cycle-by-cycle, Neg5 fails to validate many aspects, making it easy to produce stats that are obviously impossible and, therefore, not useful (and not acceptable to NAQT). Does the scoresheet entry mode do a better job?
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments