John Charles Daly III (May 16, 2020)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

John Charles Daly III (May 16, 2020)

Post by bradleykirksey »

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in getting this together. I'd explain why but I know you don't actually care about my personal life.

Peter Torres and I are mostly done with JCD III and are hoping to play it in Orlando on May 16th, Covid Volente. It's going to be pretty similar to JCD 2 (with Lame rules: https://www.qbwiki.com/wiki/Lame), it'll be 10 rounds rounds of 20/22 (unless it's 9 rounds. But it won't be, it'll be 10), and it'll follow pretty much this distribution.

3.5/3.6 TV
3.5/3.6 Film
3.5/3.6 Sports
3.5/3.6 Music
2/2.1 Games
2/2.1 Other
.5/.5 Trash Lit
1.5/1.6 Mixed/Misc

It'll be $85/team. If you've got a competent staffer, you're playing with one or two people, or you're bringing buzzers, let us know and it probably will not be $85 for you.

We'd love to have mirrors of this again if possible. If you're looking to mirror it, please talk to Peter because I can't be trusted to handle money, count, or much else really. You can reach him at: petertorres9 [at] gmail [dot] [com] or you can use smoke signals. If you're not sure if you'd like to mirror it or not, JCD 2 should appear on the archives in the next day or two. We're hoping for $20 per team for mirrors.

Good luck, everyone, and stay healthy! Hopefully I'll see you all there.
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2055??)