ACRONYM 12 @ CCCT - 3/2/19

Old college threads.
InvadErGII
Rikku

ACRONYM 12 @ CCCT - 3/2/19

Post by InvadErGII »

ACRONYM 12 will be a part of the 2019 CCCT weekend at Valencia College in Orlando, Florida. Like last year's event, this tournament will take place on the evening of Saturday, March 2nd. The field will be capped at 24 teams.

Check-in will begin around 5pm, with the opening meeting starting at 5:30. The precise schedule is TBD, but will be scheduled to end at 11pm.

Registration for this tournament is open, and you can register a team here. You can view the current field here. Registration requires some sort of team and affiliation on the NAQT website, but you are free to make up an ad-hoc school/association for this purpose.

Fees will be as follows:

Base fee: $100 per team
$5 discount per working buzzer system
$20 discount per moderator
Maximum total discount: $40

If you're interested in playing as a free agent, or if you'd like to be a moderator for the event (and get paid $20 to do so), you can indicate as such via this spreadsheet.
Last edited by InvadErGII on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
Alkres
Lulu

Re: ACRONYM 12 @ CCCT - 3/2/19

Post by Alkres »

Looking for a team to join up with
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
InvadErGII
Rikku

Post by InvadErGII »

Congratulations to St. Stephen's Episcopal School, who defeated Tallahassee Community College in a phenomenal final 360-340 to win the CCCT mirror of ACRONYM 12. In doing so, they became the first high school team to win an open ACRONYM event, as well as the first majority female team to win any ACRONYM tournament. Thanks to Valencia for hosting and to all the teams who participated.

Stats are available here.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Holy mackerel are those kids from St. Stephens good at trash!!! I have to admit that as we chatted with them and their very nice coach before the first game of the tournament, I was thinking, "Poor kids, we're going to crush them like bugs." And they jumped right out and whomped us--I think they were up nearly 200 at halftime before we made it slightly more respectable. Congrats to them for taking down all the olds at our site.

Unfortunately Valencia really insisted on us being out of the building soon after 11 pm, so Erik was good about creating a schedule that gave us eight games after CCCT ended, with a start delayed by the no-show of three teams. But I enjoyed the questions and a fine time seemed to be had by all.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah