Homewood-Flossmoor 3rd Annual Pop Culture (Trash) Tournament

Old college threads.
msacks
Lulu

Homewood-Flossmoor 3rd Annual Pop Culture (Trash) Tournament

Post by msacks »

Homewood-Flossmoor High School in Flossmoor, IL will be mirroring the Ohio Trash set on Saturday, January 4th, 2020. The tournament will start at 9a, and expect to end around 4p. The tournament is 5-on-5. Entry fee is $15 per player, with standard teams having a maximum of 5 players. If teams has less than 5 players, they may either need to have others registering individually join them, or may register as a complete team for a full 5-person team price of $75. In other words, come to play as a team of 2-4, but you need to either be willing to have others you don't know join your team, or pay for "blank" spaces. Teams of more than 5 players will be considered, but philosophically would like as few people sitting out as possible. If you'd really want to play that way, we would still charge the $15 per player fee. The only exception is high school teams may compete with a maximum of 8 players and only pay $75 for the whole team.

Flyer available at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhPIgT ... sp=sharing.

Please email msacks AT hf233 DOT org with any questions.
Michael Sacks
Homewood-Flossmoor High School
Mathematics Teacher (AP Statistics and Geometry)
Head Scholastic Bowl Coach
Head Mathletes Coach
Head Boys Tennis Coach
msacks
Lulu

Re: Homewood-Flossmoor 3rd Annual Pop Culture (Trash) Tournament

Post by msacks »

As of 12/20/19, we have 10 teams registered. I will guess we'll probably be around 20 on 1/4/20, give or take a few.

1. St. Joseph's High School + coach
2. Morrison High School
3. Purdue University + coach
4. Beacon Academy (possibly + coach)
5. University School of Milwaukee + coach
6. Returning team of Tejas Raje, Rob Carson, Carsten Gehrig, Dylan Minarek, and Ryan Rosenberg
7. Returning team of Andrew Yang and others TBD
8. Returning team of Phil Komorowski and others TBD
9. Returning player of Lorin Burte and 4 new players (Ryan Luptak, Jeremy Cahnmann, Mike Rebeschini, and David Gamer)
10. Class of 2019 Homewood-Flossmoor alumni (Jimmy Humphrey, Ken Nakamura, Matt Piotrowski, Jack-Layden Mott, and Perry Hoag).

We currently have 3 free agents registered, who may be on a team with each other, or may be added to other adult teams (Brad Savage, Ulysseys Capistrano, Chinmay Kansara).

I know of at least 4-6 more teams expected to register, and am guessing we'll have others I don't know of yet as well.

Basic logistics and gameplay will be both emailed and posted soon, and detailed logistics and more will be emailed and posted on Thursday, January 2nd.
Michael Sacks
Head Mathletes Coach
Head Boys Tennis Coach
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

msacks wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:35 pm 7. Returning team of Andrew Yang and others TBD
I'm glad he was able to find a break in between presidential campaign stops.
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food
Tejas
Rikku

Post by Tejas »

Can we get a field update as well as any other logistics info?
Tejas Raje
Cornell '14
msacks
Lulu

Post by msacks »

I'm much better with email than message board updates. Let me know if you need anything that wasn't included in the email I sent.
Michael Sacks
Head Mathletes Coach
Head Boys Tennis Coach