Ohio Trash Online (HS and younger Only) (5/22/20)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
nick.
Wakka

Ohio Trash Online (HS and younger Only) (5/22/20)

Post by nick. »

I will be running an online mirror of Ohio Trash Online for High Schoolers on May 22nd, 2020. If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected]. The Field will be HS open. The tournament is intended as a nice way to come down from the AP tests and will start exactly one hour after the last AP test. The tournament will be only using tossups and not using bonuses.

Set:
We will be using Bob Kilner's Ohio Trash set. More info about the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=23652&p=365062&hi ... sh#p365062

Distribution:
The distribution for this set is as follows:
4/4 Movies
4/4 Music
4/4 TV
4/4 Sports (1/1 Pre-2000 1/1 recent sports (last two years) 1/1 Post 2000)
2/2 Other
1/1 Internet
1/1 Advertising/Consumer Products/etc

Eligibility:
People in the Class of 2020 of High School or younger are allowed to play. Players are not required to play with members of their school. There will be a limit of 4 players per team.

Field cap:
Currently, there will be a field cap of 12 teams. If I can get more staff and/or if there is demand, that number can be raised. Interested staffers can email me at [email protected], put their names in the spreadsheet or message me on Discord. We will pay $20 to staffers.

Payment:
Will be done through Venmo or PayPal (either work). The tournament will be $40 and discounts can be provided if a team provides staffers.

Teams can register via this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing Teams can be composed of 1-4 players and we have a free agent list for any people who don't have a team.

Medium:
The tournament will be run on Discord. The server link will be emailed to teams a few days before the tournament.

Schedule: The tournament will start at 5:45 PM Eastern Time sharp. We are intending to go through all 11 rounds, with a 30-minute dinner break after Round 5. We will aim to be done by 12:15 AM Eastern Time/9:15 PM Pacific Time. If we have a full 12 team field, it will be a full round-robin. For other configurations, the format will be figured out later.

We look forward to seeing you on the 22nd on Discord!
Nick Pruitt

President of Ridgewood HS History/Quiz Bowl
Ridgewood HS 21'
nick.
Wakka

Re: Ohio Trash Online (HS and younger Only) (5/22/20)

Post by nick. »

The field closes tonight. Get your registrations in. Thanks
Nick Pruitt

President of Ridgewood HS History/Quiz Bowl
Ridgewood HS 21'