-5 for Fighting

Old college threads.
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

-5 for Fighting

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Hi sports fans!

I've been mulling over this ideas for a while now, but I've finally decided to once and for all write a hockey set. I am aiming for 100 tossups at an ACF Fall length, skewing modern, roughly split about 1/5 pre 1990, 2/5 1990-2010, 1/5 2010- NHL content and 1/5 non-NHL content. I will provide a quota once the set is done, hopefully by the end of May. Due to the scarcity of hockey at major tournaments, defining a difficulty level will be hard, but imagine it as how hard NBA/NFL/MLB tossups are for fans of those sports at the D1 ICT or CO Trash level. I will try to tone down any regional biases and meme content.

The set will be free to play.

if anyone has any major questions or concerns about anything here, please let me know, and I may or may not consider it while writing the set.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
Jack
Lulu

Re: -5 for Fighting

Post by Jack »

Thank you. Thank you for this. I don't know if I'll be able to play, but I'm sure reading it will be just as awesome. (as an aside, I hope you're not counting the great players Jacob Ardown and Olly Postanin as "meme" content.)
Jack
Bermudian Springs HS
Princeton University '21
cruzeiro
Rikku

Re: -5 for Fighting

Post by cruzeiro »

Jack wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:55 pm Thank you. Thank you for this. I don't know if I'll be able to play, but I'm sure reading it will be just as awesome. (as an aside, I hope you're not counting the great players Jacob Ardown and Olly Postanin as "meme" content.)
I think you mean Nolli Postagain, noted consumer of burgers...
Dennis Beeby
Waterloo Collegiate Institute, 2011
University of Ottawa, 2016
Queen's University, 2017, 2019