ACRONYM 14: Global Announcement

Old college threads.
InvadErGII
Rikku

ACRONYM 14: Global Announcement

Post by InvadErGII »

It's that time again!

Play Quiz Bowl LLC is excited to announce ACRONYM 14, a set that is sure to be the newest ACRONYM of all time. This is a low-difficulty pop culture set, aimed primarily at a high school audience, but with content accessible to college/open types.

Distribution

This year's distribution is more or less the same as the one from last year, which is:

4/4 Movies (2/2 2010-present, 2/2 older)
4/4 "Small Screen" (2/2 TV 2010-present, 1.5/1.5 older TV, .5/.5 Web/Other)
4/4 Music (1/1 each of pop, rock, rap/r&b and other/multi)
4/4 Sports (1/1 each of baseball, football, basketball, and other/multi)
1/1 Games (video games)
1/1 Trash Lit
2/2 Other/Miscellaneous

Our one real change is that board games are going to be part of the "miscellaneous" distro and not the video game one. I'm happy with how the "small screen" questions worked out in the previous set, so we'll be sticking with those.

Writers

ACRONYM 14 will be written by Danny Vopava, Erik Nelson, Blake Andert, Rahul Rao-Potharaju, and Ben Weiner.

When Can I Play?

This will be available for mirrors in or around mid-February 2021. I expect most events, if not all of them, will be held online. Assuming that's the case, I expect we'll have an ACRONYM League again like we did this past spring. More info on that somewhere down the line.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
Cheynem
Sin

Re: ACRONYM 14: Global Announcement

Post by Cheynem »

If there is a (in-person) HSNCT, which is presumably up in the air at this point, will this be mirrored there?
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
InvadErGII
Rikku

Post by InvadErGII »

Cheynem wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:42 pm If there is a (in-person) HSNCT, which is presumably up in the air at this point, will this be mirrored there?
I haven't discussed this with NAQT at this point, but I'd certainly like to! For now, I'll say this is probable if an in-person HSNCT occurs at all.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
Alkres
Lulu

Post by Alkres »

Are there any future dates for this set?
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
t-bar
Tidus

Post by t-bar »

While reading this tournament's results, I realized that I don't think the ACRONYM 13 set ever got posted. Did I miss it somewhere? If not, could it be posted publicly?
Stephen Eltinge
Then: TJ, MIT, Yale, PACE, NAQT
Now: ACF