MacVanity VII at McMaster: 17 July 2021

Old college threads.
ejbn
Kimahri

MacVanity VII at McMaster: 17 July 2021

Post by ejbn »

Hello, McMaster University is pleased to announce the 7th iteration of MacVanity. As in previous years this is a hybrid tournament of community-submitted packets, with proceeds going to the McMaster Children's Hospital.

The tournament will be hosted on 17 July over Discord. Start time will be 10 AM EDT, and players should arrive for 9:45.

To register please contact me, Emmet Blanchett Neheli, on Discord or Facebook, or email [email protected]. You may register as part of a team or as a free agent. Those wishing to staff can contact me in the same manner. Field cap will both depend heavily on interest but ideally we are looking for around 10 teams with 2 reserved for free agents.

Fees:
Fees will be $25 per player with the following discounts:
packets: -$10 per pack submitted by teams
Tsar Alexander III Memorial Discount: -$5 for any team containing Peter Cordeiro

packets
The "distribution" for MacVanity will very loosely follow a 21/21 structure of:
-1/1 History
-1/1 Science
-1/1 Literature
-1/1 Religion, Mythology, Philosophy
-1/1 Visual Arts
-1/1 Geography
-1/1 Social Science
-1/1 TV/Cinema
-1/1 Music
-1/1 Current Events
-1/1 Sports
-1/1 Can Con
-9/9 idk
Questions need not conform in any way to academic content or traditional quizbowl formats.

Please submit packets to [email protected] as a google doc. Pack submission deadline will be 12 July. We are looking for around 10 packets for this tournament.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me (Emmet), and I hope to see you all on the 17th!
Emmet Blanchett
McMaster University
ejbn
Kimahri

Re: MacVanity VII at McMaster: 17 July 2021

Post by ejbn »

Important correction: email is [email protected], not .ca. Sorry for the mistake.
Emmet Blanchett
McMaster University
ejbn
Kimahri

Re: MacVanity VII at McMaster: 17 July 2021

Post by ejbn »

Link to tournament discord: https://discord.gg/nBrn8yrM
Emmet Blanchett
McMaster University