Ontario Hybrid 2021/2022 (Trash + Academic)

Old college threads.
ErikC
Rikku

Ontario Hybrid 2021/2022 (Trash + Academic)

Post by ErikC »

We are pleased to announce that Ontario Hybrid will be returning again in 2021/2022. We are welcoming a mostly new team of writers, including Max Gedajlovic, Michelle Prunier, Brian Luong, Emmett Blanchett, Zachary Bernstein, Benjamin Lohoar, Tony Chen, and the venerable Joe Su. I will be serving as head-editor, and I aim to produce a tournament similar in quality to the last one.

Like last this year, we will be accepting optional pack submissions. Our intention is to give a chance for new players and new clubs to write questions, and I plan on providing feedback afterwards. I encourage club presidents to organize teams and take the lead with writing.

This tournament will be fully open, and we'll be aiming for about a 2 star difficulty on the dot difficulty scale. I hope to produce a set with interesting and engaging questions for the wide audience the tournament reached last year/season. Our aim is producing 12-14 packages of 20/20 questions with submissions. The tentative distribution:

10/10 Academic (subject to change)

2/2 History (1/1 Western, 1/1 World/other)
2/2 Literature (0.5/0.5 long fiction/drama/poetry/other)
2/2 Science (1.25/1.25 big 3, 0.75/0.75 other)
1/1 Philosophy/Thought and Social Science (about 0.5/0.5 each)
1/1 Belief and Legends
1.5/1.5 Fine art (0.5/0.5 audio, visual, and "other arts" each)
.5/.5 Geo, CE, Other

10/10 Trash (subject to change)

2/2 Sports (1.25/1.25 big 4, 0.75/0.75 other)
2/2 Music (Split evenly at 2000)
1.5/1.5 Movies (Split evenly at 2000)
1.5/1.5 TV (Split evenly at 2005)
0.5/0.5 Movie/TV crossover
1/1 Video Games
0.5/0.5 Trash lit/theater (prose, comics, musicals go here)
0.5/0.5 Internet
0.5/0.5 Other

I hope to have this held this held in person in Canada and an online "main site" similar to the last years'. It will be open to mirror in other regions in person and hope to see one.

More details on fees, mirrors, and dates to be determined. I also plan on running some preliminary play-testing before any mirrors.
Last edited by ErikC on Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Christensen
University of Waterloo - School of Planning Class of '18
Defending VETO top scorer
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Re: Ontario Hybrid 2021/2022 (Trash + Academic)

Post by Aaron's Rod »

Any chance you'd be interested in organizing a date poll and online mirror? I think several people fondly remember playing the previous iteration in the early pandemic.

EDIT: And/or would you be interested in licensing the set for a small private midwest mirror for those "several people," if we pay a mirror fee =P
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
ErikC
Rikku

Re: Ontario Hybrid 2021/2022 (Trash + Academic)

Post by ErikC »

Aaron's Rod wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:03 pm Any chance you'd be interested in organizing a date poll and online mirror? I think several people fondly remember playing the previous iteration in the early pandemic.

EDIT: And/or would you be interested in licensing the set for a small private midwest mirror for those "several people," if we pay a mirror fee =P
For sure, another large online mirror is definitely something I'd like to happen again, in addition to any smaller mirrors. The poll will probably go up a bit before the Canadian mirror and ask for dates in July and August.
Erik Christensen
University of Waterloo - School of Planning Class of '18
Defending VETO top scorer