Illinois '10 - '11

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
sssssssskkkk
Lulu

Re: Illinois '10 - '11

Post by sssssssskkkk »

Congratulations to Auburn on winning the Wheaton North Kickoffs!
Last edited by sssssssskkkk on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webster Guan
California Institute of Technology (2012-)
Illinois Math and Science Academy (2009-12)
Writer, NAQT (2013-)
CometCoach72
Wakka

Post by CometCoach72 »

Dominator wrote:
CometCoach72 wrote:Dr. Prince- may I safely presume this is a 4-on-4 event?
I announced BMI as 5-on-5 since I didn't think many teams we are targeting will have any 4-on-4 experience all year, so there was little use in imposing it for one tournament. If there ends up being a Chicagoland mirror, it will most certainly be 4-on-4.

Thank you sir. We will kick it around since we have an open date for 5-on-5 .
Jay Winter
Greenville HS (IL) Scholastic Bowl Coach and Chief UN Translator for Math
Decatur MacArthur Class of 1990 - Illinois State Class of 1994 - MS Ed SIU Edwardsville 2010
Harley-Davidson owner since 2009
Fan of Good Questions
CometCoach72
Wakka

Post by CometCoach72 »

Kickoff @ Greenville results:

1st- Carbondale (ran the table, thumped everyone), 2nd- Greenville, 3rd- O'Fallon B (yes, you're reading that correctly), 4th- Alton Marquette.

Stats later this week at www.ihssbca.org - congrats to the Terriers for winning and to all the students who participated. The big highlights for us were tiptoeing past Marquette in overtime, and cracking 100 against Carbondale. (Big smile to Ben)

Next stop on the Comet Magical Quiz Bowl Tour- Loyburn.
Jay Winter
Greenville HS (IL) Scholastic Bowl Coach and Chief UN Translator for Math
Decatur MacArthur Class of 1990 - Illinois State Class of 1994 - MS Ed SIU Edwardsville 2010
Harley-Davidson owner since 2009
Fan of Good Questions
mrgsmath
Wakka

Post by mrgsmath »

The PORTA IHSSBCA Kickoff finished with Chatham-Glenwood 1st, Macomb 2nd, Peoria Richwoods 3rd, and Quincy 4th. Great day fo play. Stats to follow on IHSSBCA's site.
Mark Grant
Coach - PORTA H.S.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got ."
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Wheaton North Kickoff results:

Competitive division: 1. Auburn A, 2. Stevenson A, 3. OPRF, 4. IMSA A, 5. Loyola, 6. St. Ignatius
Learning division: 1. St. Viator A, 2. Naperville Central, 3. Fenwick A (I don't know placings lower than that)

Stats to follow when they get sent to me.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

Hey why the heck are there no stats?
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
University of Chicago 2014
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Jonah can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's because we had a lot of untrained scorekeepers (I know, I know), and it got to the point that Jonah, Kristen et alia had to do just enough to keep the tournament moving and do the rest later.

Or, it's because Jonah's a bum :grin:
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

I have asked Ms. Kidd to check with the person who did stats, and haven't heard back from her (though she confirmed that she would check with him). I'll ask tomorrow, when I see her at Loyburn. It doesn't do any good to bug me here, by email, by IM, by text, or by any of the other means I have been bugged by—I want the stats too, and am doing everything reasonable within my power to get them.
Jonah Greenthal
garciaja
Lulu

Post by garciaja »

The Kick-Off at Centennial was pretty successful save for a couple of moderator and packet hiccups which were fixed.

Places are here. Stats will posted in the next day or so.

1 - Rolling Meadows
2 - Normal Community
3 - Champaign Centennial
4 - Streator
5 - Bradley Bourbonnais A
6 - Paxton Buckley Loda A
7 - Champaign Central
8 - Mahomet Seymour
James Garcia
Champaign Centennial High School Coach
Player for Springfield Southeast '04
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Jonah Greenthal
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Stats for the "competitive" division of Kickoff at Wheaton North: prelims overall. Bonus rebounds weren't separated from controlled bonuses due to illegible scoresheets.

I don't know when, if ever, the stats from the "learning" division at Wheaton North will be available.
Jonah Greenthal
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

The scores for your top 8 teams are extraordinary, unmatched anywhere in the US on this set. The average ppg for each of the the top 8 is over 400, and the ppb is over 25 per team. But then again aren't these scores based upon 5 players per team and bounce back bonuses? If so, does anyone have a means of accurately comparing these wonderful scores to those based upon the usual NAQT scoring system used by other tournaments using this set this year? How much inflation typically occurs in ppg & ppb when 5 players are used with bounceback bonuses? Has anyone devised a rough mathematical translation of such scores from one scoring format to the other? If so, how might these Illinois results compare to other tournaments using this set? Does anyone know how to make a translation that would be reasonably accurate?
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

It would be difficult to make such a translation. Another difference is that we did not deduct five points for negs. To make comparisons between Illinois teams and teams from other states, it probably would be better to use results from other tournaments, since there are several tournaments in Illinois that use normal rules, the best example so far probably being Loyburn.

Looking at the DAFT results, there doesn't seem to be a big gap between Stevenson and DCC, which means there probably isn't a big gap between Auburn and DCC.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

Hey Coach Reinstein, I may have recruited one of my parent's friends's daughter to quizbowl for you. She'll be class of 2017. Watch out.
Kay, Chicago.
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Buy her some Tolstoy for Christmas.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Thanks for the insights Coach.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
Dominator
Tidus

Post by Dominator »

Arsonists Get All the Girls wrote:Hey Coach Reinstein, I may have recruited one of my parent's friends's daughter to quizbowl for you. She'll be class of 2017. Watch out.
Is she interested in math and science? ;)
Dr. Noah Prince

Normal Community High School (2002)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2004, 2007, 2008)

Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy - Scholastic Bowl coach (2009-2014), assistant coach (2014-2015), well wisher (2015-2016)
guy in San Diego (2016-present)
President of Qblitz (2018-present)

kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

Dominator wrote:
Arsonists Get All the Girls wrote:Hey Coach Reinstein, I may have recruited one of my parent's friends's daughter to quizbowl for you. She'll be class of 2017. Watch out.
Is she interested in math and science? ;)
Haha, she is. I don't know if she'll apply to IMSA though.
Last edited by kayli on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kay, Chicago.
Charles Martel
Wakka

Post by Charles Martel »

Poaching quizbowlers and mathletes from other schools is what IMSA's all about! *sarcasm*
Adam Kalinich
MIT 2012-
Illinois Math and Science Academy 2009-2012
Dominator
Tidus

Post by Dominator »

whitesoxfan wrote:Poaching quizbowlers and mathletes from other schools is what IMSA's all about! *sarcasm*
This is why IMSA students should not be allowed to post.

Actually, this, in addition to all the other reasons.
Dr. Noah Prince

Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy - Scholastic Bowl coach (2009-2014), assistant coach (2014-2015), well wisher (2015-2016)

DongDonger
Lulu

Post by DongDonger »

Dominator wrote:
whitesoxfan wrote:Poaching quizbowlers and mathletes from other schools is what IMSA's all about! *sarcasm*
This is why IMSA students should not be allowed to post.

Actually, this, in addition to all the other reasons.
Now, we shouldn't let a few bad posts blemish IMSA students' reputations. We're not ALL totally incompetent (although I do admit, our online presence here builds a strong argument against us...)
Eric Ordonez
IMSA '12

나는 한국 아냐

"My teammates will introduce themselves in order of skin color from lightest to darkest" - Bonny Jain
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

I actually quite enjoy the influx of IMSA students. They bring some fresh new opinions, and now I don't have to be the only one fighting the battle for math.
Kay, Chicago.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

What a ringing endorsement.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

Jeremy Gibbs Freesy Does It wrote:What a ringing endorsement.
O Charles, there was a time when the Illinoisans were famous among the other Americans only for their deep dish pizza and their political scandals; but now, if I am not mistaken, they are equally famous for their wisdom, especially at Chicago, which is the native city of your friend Douglas Graebner. And this is Seth's doing; for when he came there among them, the flower of the Teitlers, your admirer Douglas Graebner, and the other chiefs of the Illinoisans, fell in love with his wisdom. And he has taught you the habit of answering questions in a grand and bold style, which becomes those who know, and is the style in which he himself answers all comers; and any American who likes may ask him anything. How different is our lot! my dear Charles. Here in Florida there is a dearth of the commodity, and all wisdom seems to have emigrated from us to you. I am certain that if you were to ask any Floridian whether ringing endorsements were given or acquired, he would laugh in your face, and say: "Stranger, you have far too good an opinion of me, if you think that I can answer your question. For I literally do not know what a ringing endorsement is, and much less whether it is acquired by working or not." And I myself, Charles, living as I do in this region of poverty, am as poor as the rest of the world; and I confess with shame that I know literally nothing about ringing endorsements; and when I do not know the "quid" of anything how can I know the "quale"? How, if I knew nothing at all of Charles, could I tell if he was fair, or the opposite of fair; rich and noble, or the reverse of rich and noble? Do you think that I could?
Kay, Chicago.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I think you should talk to a therapist.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Face it, Kay, computational math in quiz bowl is doomed! :twisted: :grin:
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

I've actually given up on math comp. Ho hum.
Kay, Chicago.
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Stats from the "learning" division of Wheaton North Kickoff: prelims, playoffs, overall

We're missing one prelim scoresheet and two playoff scoresheets, but this is as good as it's going to get. Thanks very, very much to Kristin Strey for doing a lot of work on these.
Jonah Greenthal
Charles Martel
Wakka

Post by Charles Martel »

Seven Lakes' defeat to both Auburn and Andrew Deveau, along with their close match to Stevenson, shows that Illinois is fielding some of the best teams in the nation. Congrats to Auburn for winning!
Adam Kalinich
MIT 2012-
Illinois Math and Science Academy 2009-2012
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

And thanks to Chris Romero and his Seven Lakes teams for coming to Illinois and putting up with the horrid weather at the end of the day yesterday. I'm lookinig forward to seeing all of the out of state teams at New Trier ADVANTAGE next weekend as well!
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

If anyone cares, the IHSA Sectional assignments are up. As usual, Barrington is in the "North Chicago" sectional... wait, what?
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Hmm...where's Maine East in the Maine South Sectional? And with Loyola, New Trier, OPRF and St. Ignatius it should be the usual bloodbath. And how are the Nileses this year? And Evanston?
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

the return of AHAN
Auron

Someone ought to tell Ms. Bianchi(?) that they weren't assigned a sectional...
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Done.
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Evanston hasn't done anything outside of the CSL, but they've been putting up solid scores there. (20/20 IHSA-format packets)
Jonah Greenthal
Aaron Goldfein
Wakka

Post by Aaron Goldfein »

David Riley wrote:And how are the Nileses this year?
Niles West graduated its entire starting lineup last year, so it's definitely in a rebuilding phase. They have a sophomore who is ungodly at (computational) math, though, so that should give them a huge boost in the IHSA state series if they choose to play him.

Niles North graduated Isa last year, by far their best player. Other than that, I don't know, but I wouldn't expect much since he basically carried his team last year.
Aaron Goldfein
Niles West ('10)
Carnegie Mellon ('14)
Bonito
Lulu

Post by Bonito »

Hey hsquizbowl what's shakin
eagle scout projects are useful sometimes, but require thinking in advance. Any quizbowl-related ideas? Perhaps write a side event, or like, a quizbowl funding sort for something like SCOP? Or a book-dispersing thing maybe? Or other ideas?

there isn't much opportunity anymore to host a "pre-nationals warmup."
Greg Dzuricsko; Lisle 2011
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Bonito wrote:Hey hsquizbowl what's shakin
eagle scout projects are useful sometimes, but require thinking in advance. Any quizbowl-related ideas? Perhaps write a side event, or like, a quizbowl funding sort for something like SCOP? Or a book-dispersing thing maybe? Or other ideas?

there isn't much opportunity anymore to host a "pre-nationals warmup."
Most of April is open, but there are conflicts with collegiate nationals on two weekends.
garciaja
Lulu

Post by garciaja »

Bonito wrote: there isn't much opportunity anymore to host a "pre-nationals warmup."
I'm fairly certain that Champaign won't be hosting anything like QUALM-FREE last year unless its absolutely needed. You could roll with that?
James Garcia
Champaign Centennial High School Coach
Player for Springfield Southeast '04
Dominator
Tidus

Post by Dominator »

garciaja wrote:I'm fairly certain that Champaign won't be hosting anything like QUALM-FREE last year unless its absolutely needed. You could roll with that?
For me, one of the best aspects of QUALMFREE was that it was not only composed of teams going to nationals (only 4/11 did go to nats), so I think it was not just a pre-nats warmup. At the same time, the entire month of May is open for whatever tournament you want to run.

Personally, if this is for a scouting project, I'd like to see a low-key tourney in which all proceeds are donated to Matt's Buzzers (or some other suitable charity).
Dr. Noah Prince

the return of AHAN
Auron

Varsity Results of the Mid-Suburban League "Pre-Season" Conference Tournament
(NAQT Illinois Questions)
Round One:
Rolling Meadows 250, Prospect 133
Fremd 274, Schaumburg 45
Conant 156, Wheeling 40
Hersey 301, Buffalo Grove 201
Barrington 230, Hoffman Estates 101
Elk Grove 75, Palatine 65
Round Two:
Fremd 255, Rolling Meadows 153
Schaumburg 165, Conant 123
Prospect 298, Wheeling 0
Hersey 256, Elk Grove 94
Buffalo Grove 353, Barrington 141
Palatine 151, Hoffman Estates 136
Round Three:
Rolling Meadows 221, Schaumburg 100
Prospect 220, Conant 55
Fremd 364, Wheeling 31
Hersey 245, Palatine 60
Buffalo Grove 354, Hoffman Estates 20
Barrington 338, Elk Grove 20
Round Four:
Rolling Meadows 190, Conant 115
Schaumburg 205, Wheeling 30
Fremd 320, Prospect 130
Hersey 340, Barrington 170
Buffalo Grove 325, Palatine 90
Hoffman Estates 205, Elk Grove 130
Round Five:
Rolling Meadows 245, Wheeling 35
Schaumburg over Prospect via forfeit
Fremd 430, Conant 15
Hersey 150, Hoffman Estates 96
Buffalo Grove 375, Elk Grove 65
Barrington 335, Palatine 30
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
Fremd 316, Hersey 170

Frosh/Soph/JV Results of the Mid-Suburban League "Pre-Season" Conference Tournament
{The Question Bank Questions}
Round One:
Rolling Meadows 140, Prospect 115
Fremd 250, Schaumburg 20
Conant 170, Wheeling 25
Hersey 185, Buffalo Grove 170
Barrington 210, Hoffman Estates 80
Palatine 295, Elk Grove 60
Round Two:
Fremd 170, Rolling Meadows 55
Conant 100, Schaumburg 50
Wheeling 60, Prospect 40
Hersey 145, Elk Grove 70
Barrington 190, Buffalo Grove 50
Palatine 245, Hoffman Estates 40
Round Three:
Rolling Meadows 115, Schaumburg 45
Conant 135, Prospect 100
Fremd 255, Wheeling 35
Palatine 310, Hersey 110
Buffalo Grove 150, Hoffman Estates 120
Barrington 190, Elk Grove 165
Round Four:
Conant 165, Rolling Meadows 125
Schaumburg 90, Wheeling 30
Fremd 240, Prospect 80
Barrington 180, Hersey 160
Palatine 280, Buffalo Grove 120
Elk Grove 155, Hoffman Estates 110
Round Five:
Prospect 120, Schaumburg 45
Rolling Meadows 145, Wheeling 10
Fremd 230, Conant 85
Hersey 155, Hoffman Estates 45
Buffalo Grove 140, Elk Grove 110
Palatine 170, Barrington 145
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
Palatine 275, Fremd 100

What surprised me today...
*Hersey's varsity has apparently leaped ahead of Buffalo Grove's.
* After going a combined 0-20 in MSL West matches a year ago at the varsity and frosh/soph level, Palatine has a new god of scholastic bowl at the frosh level. He's so good that the Palatine varsity has been lobbying their coach for him to move up.
* My frosh/soph might be the 4th best team (out of 6) in the MSL West. I knew we'd be hard-pressed to repeat our performance from last year, and Fremd is still Fremd, but I wasn't expecting Conant and Palatine to make such a huge leap forward.
What DIDN'T suprise me...
* The Anti-NAQT revolt at the coaches' meeting. Mostly relating to reports of poor customer service and packets delivered in a non-timely manner.
* Fremd once again reigns supreme in the Mid-Suburban League, though it'll be interesting to see how things go in the next few years as they didn't win the final frosh/soph championship last year, and have started this year as a clear frosh/soph underdog to Palatine.
* Frosh/soph matches went by much more quickly than varsity. That tends to happen when 90% of the bonus parts consist of 6 or fewer words. OTOH, one bonus at varsity I observed and timed lasted 1:25. Not the TU/bonus pair, mind you. I mean, just the bonus, and that was one of the faster ones.

Also... NEW SIG!
edit: for coherence on 2nd to last bullet point.
Last edited by the return of AHAN on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Price
littleindia70
Kimahri

Post by littleindia70 »

@Jeff Price just to point this out Buffalo Grove scored 1608pts to Hersey's 1292 in the five rounds played. Plus Hersey got killed by Fremd in the championships and BG has already beaten Fremd. My final point... NAQT sets are horrendous.

User was warned for lacking a signature.
Aldo Ansel
Buffalo Grove 2011
the return of AHAN
Auron

And Barrington has beaten Fremd's varsity this year... Which meant approximately nothing yesterday. Just give a little credit to Hersey for going 5-1 yesterday.

ITT, someone from BG lobbies for the return of the former question provider as a result of one loss. :aaa:

Paging David Garb....
Jeff Price
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

littleindia70 wrote:NAQT sets are horrendous.
Care to explain?
Brad Fischer
Head Editor, IHSA State Series
IHSSBCA Chair

Winnebago HS ('06)
Northern Illinois University ('10)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-12)
Coach, Keith Country Day School (2012-16)
Geringer
Rikku

Post by Geringer »

littleindia70 wrote:My final point... NAQT sets are horrendous.
What would be your alternative to NAQT, might I ask?

Please stay on the forums long enough to give me your opinion after a certain January 22nd tournament. I am interested in your opinion, especially if NAQT isn't your bag.
R. Jeffrey Geringer
Saint Viator '09
Illinois '13, '14
sssssssskkkk
Lulu

Post by sssssssskkkk »

While NAQT may have its shortcomings in terms of the amount of good clues that can be fit into 3-4 line tossup as well as the excessive amounts of trash, CE (although I guess my bias against current events is that I'm absolutely horrendous at it), and geography (also, some of the questions are just weird - I think one of our NAQT sets in practice tossed up "rainbow" in science), it is altogether not that bad, especially considering that the old questions for your league were probably a good deal worse.
Webster Guan
California Institute of Technology (2012-)
Illinois Math and Science Academy (2009-12)
Writer, NAQT (2013-)
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

I know we're supposed to be unbiased towards the major quizbowl set providers and that each format is supposed to have its own merits (may I ask how NAQT's distribution any better than a more ACF style distribution?), but I have to say that NAQT questions are worse than comparable sets from HSAPQ and certain housewrites. The merits of NAQT include their ability to produce a large number of sets for all levels of competition, the ability to attract a large amount of teams, their organizational structure, and professionalism. However, their actual sets suffer from an overabundance of certain subjects (mainly trash), a potential for pretty large variability in distribution between rounds, low clue density, less-than-useful clues (though I'll have to admit this has gone down recently), and poorly thought-through answer selection.
Kay, Chicago.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Ar$oni$t$ Get All the Girl$ wrote:I know we're supposed to be unbiased towards the major quizbowl set providers and that each format is supposed to have its own merits (may I ask how NAQT's distribution any better than a more ACF style distribution?), but I have to say that NAQT questions are worse than comparable sets from HSAPQ and certain housewrites. The merits of NAQT include their ability to produce a large number of sets for all levels of competition, the ability to attract a large amount of teams, their organizational structure, and professionalism. However, their actual sets suffer from an overabundance of certain subjects (mainly trash), a potential for pretty large variability in distribution between rounds, low clue density, less-than-useful clues (though I'll have to admit this has gone down recently), and poorly thought-through answer selection.
Dude, this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. HSAPQ and housewrites are not the alternatives being discussed.
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

sssssssskkkk wrote:the excessive amounts of trash, CE…and geography
And none of these are relevant to the sets Aldo is discussing, which use the IHSA distribution. (Which has its own flaws, of course.)
Jonah Greenthal
Jane Fairfax
Wakka

Post by Jane Fairfax »

Having played those IHSA NAQT sets, I didn't think they were all that bad. They had notions of pyramidality and did a perfectly fine job with the bonuses, considering the flawed format.
Lloyd Sy
Auburn 2012
Brown 2016