Super Smart Bros. Brawl needs your help!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
mkanu
Lulu

Super Smart Bros. Brawl needs your help!

Post by mkanu »

Hi,
As you may know duPont Manual High School in Louisville, Kentucky will be writing the first ever
Super Smart Brothers Brawl: or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Buzzer
the set will be house written by the duPont Manual Squad [Meghamsh Kanuparthy, Shray Kapoor, Nick Neuteufel] and will be edited by us, Donald Taylor from the University of Illinois and Dallin Kelson from Chipola College.
NOTE: Amit Bigli will no longer be writing for Super Smart Bros. Brawl.

EDITORS
First and foremost WE NEED EDITORS!!! really. While Misters Taylor and Kelson provide much appreciated and much needed help, we still need more volunteers. If you are [preferably] a college player or former-college player, especially one who has experience writing and editing tournaments, we need your help. We most desperately need [a] science editor. You can see the questions that we've written without the expert editing capabilities that you're going to provide here:
http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 98#p187441
You can email me at:
m [dot] kanuparthy [at] gmail [dot] com
Please tell me you subject area of strength, and thank you in advance.

MIRRORS
If you want to run a fall tournament but are at a loss as to what set to use. Don't worry. We've got the solution. Mirror our set!
http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 98#p187441
You can find the sample packet above. If, no, not if, but when you want to mirror this packet you can contact me at: m [dot] kanuparthy [at] gmail [dot] com
The difficulty of the prelims will be easier than the sample packet, the difficulty of the playoff sets will match that of the sample packet and the finals packets will be of equal or higher difficulty. The set should be accessible to all teams in the prelims.

We would like a mirror in all of the following regions:
The South
- Texas:
- Georgia:
- Upper-South: duPont Manual High School (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Florida:
Midwest
- Illinois:
- Upper-Midwest (Minnesota?):
- Southern-Midwest: duPont Manual High School (Louisville, Kentucky)
West
- California:
- Northern California:
- Southern California:
- Anywhere else:
Atlantic Coast
- DC:
- South of DC:
New York Region:
Canada:
Hawai'i, Alaska, Russia?:
Britain?:
Mushroom Kingdom?:

WRITERS
Currently we four are writing all of the questions for the tournament but we would always appreciate more writers. If you are interested in writing for this tournament you can email me at m [dot] kanuparthy [at] gmail [dot] com. Please tell us your specific subject area of strength, and thank you in advance.

CLOSING
If you all have any questions about anything concerning the tournament you can contact me, Meghamsh Kanuparthy, at m [dot] kanuparthy [at] gmail [dot] com. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for the interest in our tournament, it really means a lot to us.
Meghamsh Kanuparthy
duPont Manual A Team Captain
duPont Manual High School Class of 2012
Harvard University Class of 2016