Fall Brawl/Taylor Bowl Preliminary Anouncement

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

Fall Brawl/Taylor Bowl Preliminary Anouncement

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

Looks like everyone's giving preliminary anouncments for tournaments so I thought I might was well do so too. Taylor County High School will be hosting its annual Fall Brawl on October 16 and Taylorbowl will be on January 15. It will be held at Taylor County High School in Perry, FL. Perry is 51 miles southeast of Tallahassee. The tournament will follow its usual format. Questions are written by the team so they are original. Contrary to popular belief, we do not use the same answers from last year's tournament and re-write them. They are original questions and are not based on previous tournaments. If the questions did seem redundant, you needn't worry; we lost our top 3 seniors who wrote most of the questions with the exception of me. We welcome all high school teams to attend this tournament, most of the teams have a good time and it's a very relaxed environment. There is a possibility that this tournament will be an unofficial NAQT tournament, this is still in question with our Coach and Sponsor. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected].

More 'official' info in September.
Gerard Massey
Capt. of TCHS Quizbowl Team
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

UPDATE ON ANNOUNCED DATE

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

Fall brawl will NOT be held on October 16th due to conflict with the Florida Forest Festival. The date has officially been changed to October 9th. For more information please contact Susan Braswell @ [email protected].
Gerard Massey
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

Due to the recent weather phenonema, Fall Brawl will be moved again to either October 30th or November 6. Any questions need to be sent to Susan Braswell at [email protected]. Fuller information will be posted as it is received.
Gerard Massey
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

Fallbrawl Has been officially set for November 13. All official info will be sent via email. Email Susan Braswell at [email protected] for official information.
Gerard Massey
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Hey, my name is Billy Beyer and I go to Florida State. I'd love to swing on down and either helping reading, or do stats (or whatever else you need. Let me know if my assisstance is needed/wanted.

--BB
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

Billy,

You're more than welcome to come to Fall Brawl and help out, email Susan at [email protected]. We do need a stats person; I'm supposed to do stats but I don't like being cooped up in a room all day not getting to meet the other teams, so I keep score :D. We use SQBS for our stats, we did use an old program Mike Musgrove used at Georgia Tech, but that's AGES ago ;). Hope to see you there.
Gerard Massey