Coaches Conferences / State Association Meetings

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

Coaches Conferences / State Association Meetings

Post by Great Bustard »

Hi all,
I'm trying to assemble a list of state conference/coaches' meetings for the upcoming school year. I'm aware of the two below, can someone help fill in the gaps here? I'm sure there are other meetings out there:
Sep. 10 - Oklahoma
Sep. 17 - Georgia (possibly Macon area)
Sep. 22-24 - Kentucky (KAAC) in Louisville
Sep. 23-25(?) - Illinois

I know Alabama, Missouri (spring only?), Vermont, and Illinois have conferences/statewide coaches' meetings. Does anyone have dates and locations for these? Any others? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by Great Bustard on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
dtaylor4
Auron

Re: Coaches Conferences / State Association Meetings

Post by dtaylor4 »

Illinois' Schobowlfest is the same weekend as KY.
Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant
Yuna

Post by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant »

September 17 is a GATA (Georgia) coaches' meeting in Macon. At Wesleyan College if you need a more specific location. what Ms Hirsch said
Last edited by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah Bilimoria
Formerly of Georgia Tech and Central High School (Macon)
centralhs
Wakka

Post by centralhs »

List of wrestling-based comic books wrote:September 17 is a GATA (Georgia) coaches' meeting in Macon. At Wesleyan College if you need a more specific location.
The Georgia coaches' meeting will be on September 17 but the exact location has not yet been determined. It may be held in the Macon area but it won't be at Wesleyan College, as was initally announced.
Cathy Hirsch
Chamblee Middle School (2013-present)
Central Gwinnett High School (1997-2012)
mithokie
Rikku

Post by mithokie »

Virginia requires coaches to attend a "rules clinic" each year, which is the closest thing we have to a coaches conference or state meeting. Historically they were held regionally. I found that they were a great place to network with other coaches, and to talk up good quizbowl events in your area. However, last year we had a web conference instead. In my opinion, it was nearly a disaster. It did save people time and travel expenses, but it certainly did not offer the networking opportunity that the old format did. When I hear what we're doing next year, I'll try to post here and let you know.
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
deserto
Wakka

Post by deserto »

Vermont holds its annual coaches meeting immediately before the start of the Sue Pasco Opening Tournament at Essex HS, which is typically held on a Saturday in late September.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to post stats from the VT/NH History Bowl and Bee at some point in time?
Gabe B-T
moderator-for-hire