Oregon Discussion 2011-2012

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

Oregon Discussion 2011-2012

Post by Great Bustard »

NHBB is planning on bringing a tournament to Rainier Jr. Sr. High School in the Greater Portland area for this year. Date forthcoming soon. On the off chance that anything else is being plotted for Oregon, let me know. In fact, if anyone knows anything about quiz bowl in Oregon, let me know.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Oregon Discussion 2011-2012

Post by Important Bird Area »

Last year's Oregon thread is a good place to start.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Angry Babies in Love
Yuna

Post by Angry Babies in Love »

When the date comes up, I'll definitely use my Lincoln County connections and try to get a team or two from Newport and/or Toledo and/or Siletz to make the journey up there.
Raynell Cooper
Arcadia ES '04
Richard Montgomery HS '11
George Washington University '15
University of Maryland, College Park '17
Hella things, National History Bee and Bowl
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Oregon NHBB is confirmed at Rainier Jr./Sr. High School about 45 minutes NW of Portland on the Columbia River on Sat. Feb. 11, 2012. Got OR quiz bowl contacts? Pass the word along!
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Southern Oregon University's Brain Bowl has been announced for Saturday, February 25, 2012. We plan to invite the champions to attend HSNCT.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred