Here's a quick overview of History Bowl winners from this year, along with their preliminary round point totals (unless otherwise stated, this was for 5 rounds of play). It of course is possible that another team scored higher in the prelims - this was just the prelim round total for the winning team. We congratulate all our champions and look forward to welcoming them, along with all those who qualified to our National Championships in Washington, DC and Northern Virginia from April 27-29, 2012!
#v and #JV refer to the number of teams in the Varsity and JV divisions, respectively.
Code: Select all
Tournament Date Set Varsity Winner Points #V JV Winner Points #JV
1. Central IL 10/8 B Centennial A 1470 7 Dwight C 260 1 ###
2. Eastern GA 11/5 B Wesleyan !!! 1660 10 Westminster Middle 1400 4
3. NE Ohio 11/19 B Warren Harding A 2050 16 Boardman D 1000 8
4. Maryland 11/19 C Richard Montgomery A 2230 18 Richard Montgomery C 1570 4
5. Eastern KY 12/3 B Johnson Central A 1740 8 Johnson Co. Middle A 840 *** 4
6. Guam 12/10 C Father Duenas A 1200 3 Harvest Christian B 1010 7
7. L Hudson NY 12/10 B Stuyvesant 1820 26 Irvington B 1110 8
8. Central ID 12/10 C Treasure Valley A 1830 2 Treasure Valley B 930 4
9. N Illinois 12/10 B Wheaton North A 1710 6 Wheaton North B 1300 2
10. Hawaii 12/17 C Iolani A 1490 3 Iolani C 1090 3
### = Otherwise uncontested - all games were against Varsity teams
!!! = Wesleyan was a one-student "team" - Ricky Yoder (who was also a National JV Bee semifinalist last year)
*** = Only 3 rounds were played at E. Kentucky JV - hence the lower score for the otherwise exemplary Johnson Co. Middle Team
Last edited by Great Bustard
on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad