Tippecanoe Academic Challenge Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
zwtipp
Rikku

Tippecanoe Academic Challenge Results

Post by zwtipp »

The results from this weekend's Tippecanoe Academic Challenge have been posted at http://www.geocities.com/zwtipp05/TACre ... dings.html

We had 40 teams competing over 5 divisions.

These results will also be e-mailed to all coaches for those who can't access geocities.

Playoffs:

Quarterfinals

1. Fisher Catholic d. 8. Turpin
5. St. Charles A d. 4. Central Hardin
3. Columbus Academy d. 6. Hartland
2. Findlay d. 7. St. Marys

Semifinals
1. Fisher Catholic d. 5. St. Charles A
2. Findlay d. Columbus Academy

Finals
1. Fisher Catholic d. 2. Findlay

In a close game 280-250.

Congratulations Fisher Catholic and to all those who participated.

Also the top four teams who made it to the semifinals (Fisher Catholic, Findlay, Columbus Academy and St. Charles) all earned bids to NAQT Nationals

NOTE: Do not discuss the questions used at the tournament please since they are NAQT IS-45A
I do not care much for large yellow Avians.
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

I thought overall it was a nice tournament. According to an NAQT official the top 8 will go to nationals.
zwtipp
Rikku

Post by zwtipp »

From what I heard at the tournament, I think only the top four will be qualifying. Mr. Bellas or Dwight would be able to confirm this.
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Dwight was the one that confirmed this.
zwtipp
Rikku

Post by zwtipp »

I remember Mr. Bellas tellings the teams in the semifinals that they had qualified for Nationals. I'm not the person who would know the answer to this. Mr. Bellas will probably post or send an e-mail out to all the teams sometime soon.
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Do you know if Tippacanoe intends on coming to our tournament in Kentucky?
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

Sorry, but we won't be able to come. Although we would love to return the favor by visiting scenic Kentucky, we are already committed to Michigan State's Rube Invitational on that same weekend. Plus, I am scheduled to read for their event, since they were so gracious to provide a reader for mine (high-quality, I might add). :D

When I spoke to Dwight, he specifically told me that the TOP %15 of teams in attendance would qualify. Because we had 40 teams, that constitutes six teams as qualifiers. However, we did not have a playoff to distinguish places 5-8, so in this case, all teams that lost in the first round are considered tied for fifth. Since I do not serve on NAQT's board of directors, I cannot speak for their decision in this matter. On a practical level, I would imagine that they may extend invitations to all eight quarterfinal teams, only because they may be shooting for as many teams as possible (of high quality, of course) to attend their national championships.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tournament. We at Tippecanoe enjoyed having you come up and visit. Hopefully, we'll see even more Kentuckians next year.
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

Generally, Dwight likes to have as many teams qualify as possible. He'll consider the quarterfinalists tied and invite them all.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!