UGA HS Bulldog Brawl- Official Annoucement

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

UGA HS Bulldog Brawl- Official Annoucement

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

The UGA College Bowl Academic Team is proud to officially annouce that we are now accepting teams for the 2nd annual UGA HS Bulldog Brawl:Buzzin' Between the Hedges, to be held on Saturday, January 22, 2005.

This year, the tournament will be held at Cedar Shoals High School in Athens. Each school is limited to two (2) teams and we will cap the teams at 36. You can find more info and registrations form at either GATA's website (http://www.gataquizbowl.org) OR the website for the Cedar Shoals QuizJags Academic Team (http://www.clarke.k12.ga.us/do/teacherC ... w?id=45947).

Forms can be accepted at any time (with checks being accepted up to the day of the tournament unless arrangements have been made ahead of time) up to one week before the tournament (Jan 15, 2005). We will be using NAQT IS #46. This tournament has Georgia NAQT exclusivity, but is open to any team (and any year) in the Southeast.

Format will be 20 un-timed NAQT questions with bounceback bonuses. Each school, if we reach our cap of 36 teams, will be guaranteed at least five (5) rounds of play. The top 16 teams will then move on to a single-elim playoff to determine who gets control of the "Top Dog" trophy for the year (this year's defending champ is Milton HS).

If you have any questions or wish to email your form, please email me at
[email protected].

Thanks and hope to see you all at the Brawl!

Robin J Richards
UGA HS BB Director
Last edited by UGAQuizdogs on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

In re: Food.

While there are numerous choices of food nearby the school, we are also offering a lunch deal of one one-topping pizza and a six-pack of cokes for a given price TBD. This is part of a fund raiser for Cedar Shoals' Marketing Dept.

Also, the Jag Shop (Cedar's School Store) will be selling bottled water and snacks throughout the day, FYI.

In re: INTERESTED SCHOOLS

So far, this is the list of schools who have expressed interest in the Brawl. This is no way is an official list of schools who are coming:

Ninety-Six HS (SC)
Dunbar HS (KY)
Centennital HS (GA)
Cannon School (NC)
Houston Co (GA)
Murray Co (GA)

The following school has been moved from "interested" to "attending":

Stockbridge HS (GA)

Remember, if you have questions and the like, please email the tournament at [email protected]

Thanks
Robin J Richards
UGA HS BB Director
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

As of Dec 3, here are the teams we have as attending:

Salem (1 or 2 teams)
Stockbridge
Milton (Def. Champs)
Woodward Acad.
Cedar Shoals
Walhalla HS (NC)
Dudley HS (NC)

Of course, Im sure this list will change 50 times before Jan 15, the cut off date. We still have many spots open.

[email protected]

Robin
UGA CBAT
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

As of Sunday, December 12, here is the update of teams attending the Bulldog Brawl. Those with * have been confirmed as attending:

Stockbridge*
Salem (1-2 teams)*
Milton (Def. Champs)*
Woodward Academy*
Cedar Shoals*
Houston Co.
Murray Co.
Ninety-Six HS (SC)
Walhalla HS (SC)*
Dudley HS (NC)*
Centennial (GA)
Montverde Acad. (FL)*
Athens Academy* (2 teams)
Northview HS (GA) (1-2 teams)
Brookwood (2 Teams)*
Seneca HS (SC)*

So far, that's 15-17 teams. We've planned room for 36, so there's plenty of room (and time) to sign up. The deadline has been move to January 19- three days before the tournament, FYI.

If you have any questions, please let me know: [email protected]

Thanks
Robin
UGA CBAT
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

Here is an update of the teams, format, food options, and such for the UGA Bulldog Brawl on Jan 22. We still have some room open for anyone who is interested. Just let me know. ([email protected])

Bulldog Brawl Bulletin (Vol. 1- January 3, 2005)

Teams thus far: those with *have been confirmed those with + have paid.

1- Stockbridge*+

2- Salem*+

3- Milton (Def. Champs)*

4- Woodward Academy*+

5- Cedar Shoals*

6- Bleckley Co.* (2 teams)

7- Norcross HS*

8- Chattahoochee HS * (2 teams)

9- Walhalla HS (SC)*+

10- Dudley HS (NC)*

11- Centennial (GA)*

12- Montverde Acad. (FL)* (2 teams)+

13- Athens Academy* (2 teams)+

14- Northview HS (GA) (1-2 teams)

15- Brookwood* (2 teams)

16- Seneca HS (SC)*+

17- Riverwood HS (GA) (2 teams)*+

18- Central Gwinnett*+

19- Taylor Co. (FL)*+ (2 teams)

20- Decatur (GA) HS

21- Aiken (SC) HS*

22- Collins Hill (GA) (2 teams)*

23- Northridge (GA) HS*

24- Rutland HS (GA) *+

25- Parkview HS (2 teams)*+

26- Bartlett HS (TN)*+

27- Meadowcreek HS (GA)*+

28- Oconee Co (GA)*

29- Clarke Central*+

30- Peachtree Ridge

Format- If the tournament were held today, and all schools and teams listed came, there would be 24 teams, which would fill four six team divisions, giving each school at least five rounds. Playoffs will be a single elimination and will consist of no less than sixteen (16) teams. We may open the playoffs to more schools once we see how many rounds we are given by NAQT. ABSENT TEAM RULE- If, for some unseen reason, a team is unable to show up, then the round you would have played will count as 1)- a win, 2)- 250 points towards your overall record, and 3)- an optional scrimmage for your school. Playoffs will be determined by the following: 1- Win/Loss Record, 2- Total points scored, 3- Coin toss or blind drawing depending on # of teams involved.

Schedule- Here is the schedule as we see it now. The tournament site is Cedar Shoals High School (1300 Cedar Shoals Dr Athens 30605 for those who use MapQuest).

8am – 845am: Registration, buzzer check-in (PLEASE BRING A BUZZER)- 1st floor food court lobby
845am – 9: Team meeting

PRELIMS
9am-930- Round One 930-10- Round Two
10-1030- Round Three 1030- 11- Round Four
11-1130- Round Five

1130- 1: Lunch (see below for lunch options- the lunch option offered earlier will not take place due to logistics- the CSHS Jag Shop will still be selling bottled water and snack all throughout the tournament)

1pm-120: Playoff seed announcements. Teams not in playoffs may pick up their questions and buzzers afterwards.

130- ??? Playoffs

After championship match- Awarding of plaques, the “Top Dogâ€
Last edited by UGAQuizdogs on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

As it stands right now, we are putting a freeze on new schools for the Bulldog Brawl, as we have reached a tentative 36 teams. Check the posting above for the most current list of teams attending.

However, if youre still interested, email me ([email protected]) and we can keep you in mind.

We should know who is all coming by Jan 19.

Thanks....we hit our goal of 36 teams. Perhaps next year we can extend it.

Robin
UGA CBAT

PS- MILTON- do you mind emailing me to let me know if you are indeed coming. If not, I can pick the Dog sometime before the tournament. I didnt want the defending champs somehow pushed out of defending their title (youre penciled in as of right now).
Last edited by UGAQuizdogs on Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChopinManiac
Lulu

Post by ChopinManiac »

Mr. Richards,

I am very sorry that we have not informed you as of yet of our plan to attend the tournament. We definitely plan on being there and I appreciate greatly your penciling of us in.
UGAQuizdogs
Wakka

Post by UGAQuizdogs »

We are offically full for the Bulldog Brawl. Thanks to all the teams who have signed up (even forcing me to create a 7th division). We can no longer take any more teams.

Perhaps next year, we can expand the field even more.