Possible date switch of S. NJ NHBB (@ MonDon on 11/17)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

Possible date switch of S. NJ NHBB (@ MonDon on 11/17)

Post by Great Bustard »

To any school signed up for, or considering attending the Southern NJ History Bee and Bowl at Monsignor Donovan in Toms River on 11/3. I have recently learned that SATs that were cancelled for this Saturday will likely be made up on 11/17. I do not think Monsignor Donovan (at least from what I saw on their website) was scheduled to administer the test that day, so I think the school is still likely to be available on 11/17 - though I will confirm with Kathy D'Andrea at MonDon to make sure. Beyond that, my inclination is to go ahead with the tournament as scheduled, especially since C set will also be on offer at White Plains (12/15) and Long Island (likely HHH West on 1/12) in the area. But if you feel strongly one way or another about this, please post here so I can take whatever action would be sensible.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
conquerer7
Lulu

Re: Possible date switch of S. NJ NHBB (@ MonDon on 11/17)

Post by conquerer7 »

11/17's not too good for High Tech; there's both a Model UN conference (which might be a major problem for you) and PUMaC, the Princeton math competition (though barely any quizbowlers do math, anyway). 3/5 of our normal A team is out.
Kevin Zhou
High Technology High School '13 (Co-Captain)
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

conquerer7 wrote:11/17's not too good for High Tech; there's both a Model UN conference (which might be a major problem for you) and PUMaC, the Princeton math competition (though barely any quizbowlers do math, anyway). 3/5 of our normal A team is out.
I find this statement amusing based on my own team. I'd prefer if it stayed where it was, because planning trips for my school is a pain that requires a bunch of advance notice, and I don't know if we could make a new date.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Gotcha. This will then stay on 11/17 unless MonDon contacts me saying they can't do it - and I haven't heard from them to that effect. Again, there are other C set dates in the area, if schools prefer one of those instead.
David Madden
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

This is confirmed on 11/17 - there will be no date switch.
David Madden