Greenville (IL) Comet Open 2/2/13

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
David Riley
Auron

Greenville (IL) Comet Open 2/2/13

Post by David Riley »

Dear Coach:

Southern Illinois' premier academic tournament, the Greenville Comet Open, will take place on Saturday, 2 February at Greenville High School. Our tournament has a history of having a diverse field of teams from Central and Southern Illinois. We are hoping to be able to secure a team to join us from a remote location via GoToMeeting using a Slam-In System.

The tournament will be a 5-on-5 event, with rosters capped at 8 students per team. Matches will be 20/20 with powers, negs, and NO REBOUNDS on bonus questions. Teams should expect anywhere from 8-11 rounds of competition. Schools wishing to bring more than 8 students should register two teams for the event.

As usual, we will be looking for staffers for our event. Staffers will be paid and have lunch provided. Coaches who can staff or bring moderators along can indicate as such on the entry form.

I will send e-mail confirmation to each coach along with an invoice (updated weekly). Checks should be made payable to Greenville High School. Entries will close on 25 January, 2013 at 4PM.

For a registration form, contact me at [email protected].

If you know of other coaches in your leagues who may be interested in registering, please pass this e-mail along.

Good luck to your team and we hope to see you in Greenville on 2 February.

Sincerely,
Jay Winter
GHS Math Dept/Scholastic Bowl Coach
President, BCCU 2 Character Education LDT Board of Directors

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -- Jack Layton
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
Emil Nolde
Wakka

Re: Greenville (IL) Comet Open 2/2/13

Post by Emil Nolde »

Reasonably sure am I, that we will be bringing not one, but two teams to this event.
James Zetterman
Carbondale Community High School '15
SIU Carbondale '19 or thereabouts

Keep your expectations low.
dtaylor4
Auron

Re: Greenville (IL) Comet Open 2/2/13

Post by dtaylor4 »

I am 80% sure I can come down.