Friday

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
mithokie
Rikku

Friday

Post by mithokie »

What time is check-in for the NHBB? The website "Friday" appears to be out of date since 4.27 is not a Friday. The history bowl web site mentions that the friday web page should have been updated in January. I am working on trying to make arrangements for a team to come to NHBB, but I need to know what time things begin.
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
Great Bustard
Auron

Re: Friday

Post by Great Bustard »

mithokie wrote:What time is check-in for the NHBB? The website "Friday" appears to be out of date since 4.27 is not a Friday. The history bowl web site mentions that the friday web page should have been updated in January. I am working on trying to make arrangements for a team to come to NHBB, but I need to know what time things begin.
The whole Friday section will get updated by Sunday at the latest; perhaps as early as tomorrow. If you are coming for the Geography Challenge, you need to be at the hotel no later than 4pm. If you are coming for the Opening Ceremonies, plan to arrive by 6pm. If you are coming to play in the Sports or Entertainment Bees, arrive by 7pm. If you're coming "just" for the Bowl, come any time on Friday before midnight. If you're not staying at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, you still need to send someone to the check in desk unless I have given permission otherwise. If you are playing in the Bee only, you do not need to check in at all. You will be emailed your schedule, and it will also be posted publicly online a week in advance in case you lose it.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Just to follow up here: the Friday events page for our High School National Championships is now entirely up to date at:http://friday.historybowl.com/ This contains information on Check In for History Bowl, the US Geography Challenge National Championships, the Opening Ceremonies, the Sports and Entertainment History Bees, and more. This page can also be accessed for now by clicking on the "High School Nationals Info" tab at historybowl.com and clicking on the link for the Friday night events. Within a few days, there should also be a direct tab to the Friday nights page from historybowl.com as well.
Please note that US Geography Registration is not done on this site but at: http://www.usgeochallenge.com/registrat ... pionships/
All Nationals registration deadlines (except elementary and middle school history bee nationals) are as follows:
High School History Bowl: April 1
US Geography Challenge: April 10
Sports and Entertainment Bees: April 15
High School History Bee: April 18
Middle School History Bowl: May 1
For further questions about any of this, email me or post here below. Thanks!
David Madden
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
nich0103
Lulu

Post by nich0103 »

Hello - I registered for the Entertainment Bee before today when you posted this (Tuesday, March 19th). Should I go back in and re-register?

Thanks!
Preston
Past Moderator for NAQT events and National History Bowl/Bee
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

No, you're fine - we've got you and anyone else who has registered this year. Also, the direct link to the Friday events is now up and online at http://www.historybowl.com and http://www.hs.historybee.com.
David Madden