Where Will You Be Going to College Next Year? 2012-13

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
pajaro bobo
Wakka

Re: Where Will You Be Going to College Next Year? 2012-13

Post by pajaro bobo »

I'll be attending Georgia Tech, where I will continue to play quiz bowl.
Alex Liu
Georgia Tech '1X
Chattahoochee '13
Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Post by Red-necked Phalarope »

Not a new college, per se, but I'll be moving to Champaign this June to take a position with Wolfram Research. I'll be enrolled in a few independent-study hours at OSU this fall to prepare for my MA defense, so I may still play in a tournament or two depending on eligibility and time. (I'll probably be available to read for some UIUC-area tournaments, too.)
Brice Russ
East Forsyth '04
UNC '08
Ohio State '13
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Red-necked Phalarope wrote:Not a new college, per se, but I'll be moving to Champaign this June to take a position with Wolfram Research. I'll be enrolled in a few independent-study hours at OSU this fall to prepare for my MA defense, so I may still play in a tournament or two depending on eligibility and time. (I'll probably be available to read for some UIUC-area tournaments, too.)
I strongly hope you get in touch with Mike Sorice, as on top of college, there are ample opportunities to read at high school tournaments in the area, and they are sorely in need of good readers.
Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Post by Red-necked Phalarope »

dtaylor4 wrote:
Red-necked Phalarope wrote:Not a new college, per se, but I'll be moving to Champaign this June to take a position with Wolfram Research. I'll be enrolled in a few independent-study hours at OSU this fall to prepare for my MA defense, so I may still play in a tournament or two depending on eligibility and time. (I'll probably be available to read for some UIUC-area tournaments, too.)
I strongly hope you get in touch with Mike Sorice, as on top of college, there are ample opportunities to read at high school tournaments in the area, and they are sorely in need of good readers.
Definitely. I don't know if I'll be available terribly often, but I'd love to help out with both college and HS when I can.
Brice Russ
East Forsyth '04
UNC '08
Ohio State '13
garciaja
Lulu

Post by garciaja »

Red-necked Phalarope wrote:
dtaylor4 wrote:
Definitely. I don't know if I'll be available terribly often, but I'd love to help out with both college and HS when I can.
We'd be happy to have you read for one of the several events we host. If you or anyone who is attending the University of Illinois/in Champaign-Urbana and wants to be considered for staffing events, please email me at jjgarcia77 AT gmail.com
James Garcia
Champaign Centennial High School Coach
Player for Springfield Southeast '04
unleashmayhem
Lulu

Post by unleashmayhem »

Hopefully it isn't too late to post, but I will be attending University of Kentucky and intend to play quizbowl.
Sai Yalla
Paul Laurence Dunbar '13
Lexington, Kentucky
Steak and Kidney Pie
Lulu

Post by Steak and Kidney Pie »

Columbia, at least for one year. (As of now it does not look like I'll be staying there). I'd like to continue if I have anything to contribute.
Irit Huq-Kuruvilla
Columbia 2017
UC Berkeley ???