Help requested: VHSL Scholastic Bowl (1/18/14 and 2/1/14)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Help requested: VHSL Scholastic Bowl (1/18/14 and 2/1/14)

Post by Robbie Ram »

Greetings, all:

Robinson Secondary School (Fairfax, VA) will be hosting the VHSL Scholastic Bowl Conference 5 Championship tournament on January 18, 2014 (snow date: 1/25) and the Region 6A North Championship tournament on February 1, 2014 (snow date: 2/8/2014).

I could really use a few good, experienced QB readers for both tournaments and a few subject-area "judges"— specifically for the Region 6A North tournament— from the DC/VA/MD region to help out with these two tournaments.

We are paying $50 per reader / judge for a 5-to-6 hour commitment either tournament day.

I will be seeking qualified judges in the following subject areas: science; math; history / social studies; literature.

If you are willing and able to help out, please email me at mpcampana [AT] fcps [DOT] edu and let me know (1) who you are & your contact info; (2) which date— including the potential snow dates— you would be available; (3) whether you want to read or judge; (4) what your level of experience is as a quiz bowl moderator or judge; (5) for potential judges only, tell me what subject area you are qualified to judge.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Michael P. Campana
Coach/sponsor, Quiz Bowl Club
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA