Mountain Lakes (NJ) Spring Invitational (IS-134) - 4/19/14

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Northern Central Railway
Wakka

Mountain Lakes (NJ) Spring Invitational (IS-134) - 4/19/14

Post by Northern Central Railway »

Hello everyone, I am pleased to announce that Mountain Lakes H.S. will be hosting the Mountain Lakes Spring Invitational on April 19, 2014.

QUESTIONS: We will be using NAQT set IS-134.

TEAMS: We are setting a tentative field cap of 28 teams, although there is certainly the possibility for expansion depending on the availability of staff.

ROUNDS/FORMAT: We will have a round robin in the morning (the number of morning rounds will be dependent on field size), followed by lunch and playoffs based on morning performance in the afternoon. I anticipate that each team will play at least 10 games. We aim to finish by 5:30.

START TIME: Check-in/registration will take place from 7:45am to 8:30am, with a moderator meeting at 8:30 am, the opening meeting at 8:45, and Round 1 starting at 9 am.

FOOD: We will provide a breakfast of bagels and juice. We will be selling pizzas for lunch at the tournament. Please let us know how many pizzas you would like to order when you register; each pizza will be $10. We will be selling water/soda at lunch as well.

FEES:
First team: $80
Each additional team: $65
Moderator discount: $10 per moderator
Buzzer discount: $10 per buzzer system with at least 8 working buzzers
Minimum fee per team: $30

To register, please fill out the form at http://bit.ly/mlspring. If you have any questions about the tournament, please e-mail [email protected]. Posting in this thread does not constitute an official registration.
If paying by check, the check must be made out to “Mountain Lakes High School, c/o Academic Team”. If you require a pre-tournament invoice in order to have a check cut, please let us know ASAP so that we can send you the invoice in time. Please either bring payment to the tournament or mail to the address below to my (Andrew Ibendahl) attention before the tournament.

Mountain Lakes High School is located at 96 Powerville Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07834. We are located right next to interstates 80 and 287.

The top 15% of the field will qualify for the 2014 NAQT High School National Championship Tournament being held May 31-June 1, 2014 in Chicago. Please note that HSNCT currently has a waitlist.

If you have any questions about this tournament, please post in the thread, send me a private message, or e-mail [email protected].

Hope to see you in April!

Andrew Ibendahl
Tournament Director, Mountain Lakes Invitational
Andrew Ibendahl
Nashville (IL) '04
DePauw '08
Former Coach, Mountain Lakes (NJ)
Northern Central Railway
Wakka

Re: Mountain Lakes (NJ) Spring Invitational (IS-134) - 4/19/

Post by Northern Central Railway »

Field: (teams/buzzers/mods)