Page 2 of 2

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:49 pm
by Beevor Feevor
Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:03 pm
by Lo, Marathon Ham!
Einhard wrote:
Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.
Hi Devin,
I can understand if you are upset I did not mention your team in the podcast. There were certain teams I felt had been covered enough, mine included, and thus I felt it would be better to speak about other teams in the region like Bethlehem while also mentioning AMSA as a frontrunner for SSNCT as that competition is approaching. I did not mean to hurt any feelings while appearing on the podcast, I just wanted to provide more information on teams that are indeed also great teams who may not be known in other parts of the nation while only taking up a minimal amount of time as there was so much more to be covered in a podcast covering the going ons in the quiz bowl community around the nation. This was also my reasoning in covering Florida teams. If you'd like to discuss this further or give me any feedback, please feel free to contact me privately, instead of creating drama on the forums.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:35 pm
by Halved Xenon Stinging
MoeMoney wrote:
Einhard wrote:
Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.
Hi Devin,
I can understand if you are upset I did not mention your team in the podcast. There were certain teams I felt had been covered enough, mine included, and thus I felt it would be better to speak about other teams in the region like Bethlehem while also mentioning AMSA as a frontrunner for SSNCT as that competition is approaching. I did not mean to hurt any feelings while appearing on the podcast, I just wanted to provide more information on teams that are indeed also great teams who may not be known in other parts of the nation while only taking up a minimal amount of time as there was so much more to be covered in a podcast covering the going ons in the quiz bowl community around the nation. This was also my reasoning in covering Florida teams. If you'd like to discuss this further or give me any feedback, please feel free to contact me privately, instead of creating drama on the forums.
Lol i was joking, sorry if you took this seriously.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:53 pm
by The Dance of Sorrow
MoeMoney wrote:
Einhard wrote:
Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.
Hi Devin,
I can understand if you are upset I did not mention your team in the podcast. There were certain teams I felt had been covered enough, mine included, and thus I felt it would be better to speak about other teams in the region like Bethlehem while also mentioning AMSA as a frontrunner for SSNCT as that competition is approaching. I did not mean to hurt any feelings while appearing on the podcast, I just wanted to provide more information on teams that are indeed also great teams who may not be known in other parts of the nation while only taking up a minimal amount of time as there was so much more to be covered in a podcast covering the going ons in the quiz bowl community around the nation. This was also my reasoning in covering Florida teams. If you'd like to discuss this further or give me any feedback, please feel free to contact me privately, instead of creating drama on the forums.
Regardless of any flamebaiting by Halved Xenon Stinging, please leave the moderating to the moderators.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 pm
by kcommo
Essex won the Vermont-NEA Scholars' Bowl championship today, so they will represent the league at HSNCT. This Essex team is pretty similar skill-wise to last year's that went 5-5 at nationals (better balanced but lacking the #1 player they had in Cole Blondin), so I expect they'll be in contention to make the playoffs again this year.

Essex and Burlington were the top teams pretty much all season up here. Burlington won five of eight head-to-head meetings, but Essex upped its game at the end of the season and scored narrow victories in the Vermont NAQT Championship and the Scholars' Bowl title games. They definitely earned their chance to compete on the national stage and I wish them all the best in Chicago.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 pm
by bajaj
Good job to Lexington for beating 2 out of the top 4 teams at this year's HSNCT.

Re: New England 2014-2015

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:51 pm
by Halved Xenon Stinging
bajaj wrote:Good job to Lexington for beating 2 out of the top 4 teams at this year's HSNCT.
Good job to ankush bajaj for being a god