PACE has many objectives, among which are:
- to promote and encourage the growth of quality high school invitational tournaments around the country,
- to provide guidance or assistance to other colleges or high schools that wish to organize such tournaments,
- to encourage innovation and creativity in academic competition,
- to establish visibility for college academic team programs that run high school tournaments,
- to foster cooperation among college and high school programs in preparation for upcoming regional, state, or national tournaments,
- to encourage participation of teams in tournaments across the country prior to regional, state, or national tournaments,
- to allow all teams adequate opportunity to practice, compete, and socialize among other fellow competitors,
- to produce the question set for and run the National Scholastic Championship each year.
Nominees who receive enough votes will be offered membership in PACE. A list of new members will be posted once we've heard back from everyone.