FKT @ Ohio State 10/4/14

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
tintinnabulation
Wakka

FKT @ Ohio State 10/4/14

Post by tintinnabulation »

I, Brittany Trang, would like to invite you and your teams to a quizbowl tournament to be held at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio on October 4, 2014.

Information: We will be using the sixth annual Fall Kickoff Tournament (FKT), a tossup/bonus-style set written by Ohio coaches and alumni. This set has been very well-received in the past and is aimed to be accessible to both novice teams and more experienced teams.

The format will be determined based on the final field size, and we may have a JV division if there is enough interest.

Lunch: High Street, located directly east of campus, has many fast food options including McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Subway, Penn Station, Panda Express, Cane’s, and much more.

Costs & Discounts:
Each team: $40
Buzzer discount: -$5 per buzzer, limit equal to number of teams you are bringing

Payment: The best way to pay is by check or cash on the morning of the tournament. Checks should be made out to the Academic Team at Ohio State University. We can work out other forms of payment if necessary.

Registration: To register, just email me! Please supply information on the amount of teams, buzzers and moderators as soon as you can, however.

Hope to see you in Columbus! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email (ohiostatequizbowl[at]gmail[dot]com) or post here.
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
tintinnabulation
Wakka

Re: FKT @ Ohio State 10/4/14

Field (updated 10/2/14):
Northmont (2)
Olentangy Liberty (2)
St. Charles (3)
Copley (2)
Dublin Scioto (1)
Solon (2)
Fisher Catholic (2)
Cloverleaf (2)
Total: 16

Waitlist:
St. Charles (1)
George Washington (1)

Tentative field cap: 18
Last edited by tintinnabulation on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
crbirdx

Post by crbirdx »

We have two teams interested from OLHS
tintinnabulation
Wakka

I am proud to announce that our mirror of FKT has been gold-affiliated by PACE, meaning that the top 20% of finishers at the tournament will qualify for the PACE NSC in June 2015!
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
crbirdx

Post by crbirdx »

2 teams for Olentangy Liberty HS will be there
tintinnabulation
Wakka

We have 13 teams in the field and look forward to having more! However, due to staffing restraints, we will have to temporarily cap the field at 18 until we make sure we will have enough readers. Please let us know if you are willing to read for us; thanks!
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
crbirdx

Post by crbirdx »

I can read and we'll bring two buzzer systems
tintinnabulation
Wakka

Thanks everyone for coming to FKT at OSU! We hope you had a good time. Northmont A won against Fisher A in the first game of an advantaged final. Final stats can be found here.
Last edited by tintinnabulation on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
crbirdx

Post by crbirdx »

My kids had a blast see you at the Winter Warrior!!