Dorman Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Byko
Yuna

Dorman Results

Post by Byko »

In the 45-team JV division, it was an all-Kentucky final as Danville defeated Dunbar 220-160 in the JV finals earlier today at Dorman High School.

47 teams competed in the varsity division. When the smoke cleared, #2 seed Brookwood (GA) came out on top, defeating #5 seed Dunbar II (KY) 260-200 in the finals. #1 Dunbar I (KY) and #6 Irmo (SC) were semifinalists; #3 Ezell-Harding (TN), #4 Danville I (KY), #9 Daviess County (KY), and #10 James Island (SC) were quarterfinalists.

By far, today, Kentucky proved itself to be a state to really watch this season with Danville, Dunbar, Daviess County, and duPont Manual all proving themselves to be worthy competition in addition to strength in Kentucky from Russell, Johnson Central, and many other teams.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Dorman did their usual excellent job of hosting today. 80+ teams playing in one tournament with two separate divisions is no easy task to manage, but Ms. Ranke, the DHS team, and parents did that very well.

I can assure anyone that might be interested that KY is ALWAYS a "state to watch" when it comes to quiz bowl. I might also add that many of GA's best teams were NOT at Dorman as they were competing in the ATL area today.

We Brookwoodies were very happy to win the varsity division at Dorman today.
mhanna
Lulu

Post by mhanna »

Many thanks to the Dorman academic team family on a great tournament. Must say that although we had some fiercely competitive matches in the JV division, I was glad to see the level of sportsmanship displayed by the teams and the coaches. A much deserved congratulations Brookwood and Danville.

Mac Hanna
Aiken
mknupp
Lulu

Post by mknupp »

As usual, Dorman did a great job hosting. Ms. Ranke and her crew were very well organized and ran on time. The question quality was top notch.
Gunnells
Lulu

Post by Gunnells »

jrbarry wrote:I might also add that many of GA's best teams were NOT at Dorman as they were competing in the ATL area today.
The only other Gwinnett team at Dorman appreciates your resounding vote of confidence. :smile:

Given that we were eliminated by the eventual champions in both divisions, can we claim that we were the second best Varsity and JV in the field?
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

No.