Unique Question Writing Opportunity

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

Unique Question Writing Opportunity

Post by Great Bustard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:52 am

Anyone want to write tossups on the history of Malaysia, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the UAE, and/or China? These would be for IHBB tournaments that we could then slot into the set for some added local flavor. See: http://www.ihbbasia.com/wp-content/uplo ... Guide1.pdf for answerline ideas - look for the country specific section. There are other possible topics too, but you need to clear them with me to avoid repeats.
$5 a tossup; 5-6 lines. I need the ones for Malaysia, Korea, Hong Kong, and China by Thursday evening 9pm Eastern time. The UAE and Thailand can be as late as next Tuesday at 9pm. Check with me first.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad

anthonywang1999
Lulu

Re: Unique Question Writing Opportunity

Post by anthonywang1999 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi Mr. Madden,

I am interested in writing some questions but I was wondering how I would submit them to you. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this. :grin:
Anthony Wang
Middlesex County Academy '17
Northwestern University '21

"It doesn't matter if this world that opened in front of me is just a dream."

Great Bustard
Auron

Re: Unique Question Writing Opportunity

Post by Great Bustard » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:25 am

These questions sort of got lost in the shuffle of the A Set Blitz, but a thank you to those who pitched in. I'm in the process of getting all needed checks out, so if people who wrote for this could let me know how many questions they submitted, along with their address, that would be great. Checks will go out by early next week, if I hear from you by Sunday. There will be additional chances to write more questions along these lines too during the month of May in advance of our Asian Championships - details forthcoming.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad