NAQT HSNCT field discussion

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jewtemplar
Rikku

Post by jewtemplar »

tj b boy wrote:It seems to me that when it comes to tossups, TJ A has mercureal players and solid ones. The mercureal ones have a tendency to compete with their own team and buzz far sooner than they actually know the answer, but when they're confident this results in powers. On the rare occasions they're unconfident, it turns into negs. Meanwhile, the solid guys pile on the questions, and they tend to get powers too, but not as often because they wait a few more words.

So TJ got nervous, the mercureal ones piled on the negs, the solid ones were able to take control, and confidence returned. But if you knew what to look for the shock was palpable up on stage. It was pretty cool, like watching the Yankees give up 11 runs to the Devil Rays in one inning, except this time the Yankees didn't get swept by the Rays. A Lakeside - Devil Rays comparison is also unfair, but you get the message.

And they're good at bonus conversion too.
Agreed. Excellent analysis. I like how the intricacies of TJ A's weaknesses are being aired in such a delightfully public forum...
Anyone have any dirt on Mission or State?
tj b boy
Wakka

Post by tj b boy »

jewtemplar wrote: I like how the intricacies of TJ A's weaknesses are being aired in such a delightfully public forum...
True. On the other hand, PACE is massively different anyway, and what are they gonna do about it? Dan is the only one who's ever cracked that case, and now he's on your side. Well, him and Wren.

In any case I should probably shut my mouth for a variety of reasons.
djayboots
Lulu

Re: Oops!

Post by djayboots »

Quizbowlman4 wrote:Just give me a neg five on that one and kevin a power.
Heh, thanks. If you don't mind my asking, who are you?
Trevkeeper
Tidus

Post by Trevkeeper »

Also, it was fun being able to put faces to names here. Most of the people I saw that I recognized from here were the Brindlee Mountain dudes.
Nick, IU and Aegis Questions
TheImpaler
Lulu

Post by TheImpaler »

Did anyone else see the guy wearing the Holy Grail-eque King Arthur tunic? Who is he and where is he from?

I saw him once or twice in passing and would like to personally thank him for existing.
Jane Lawrence
"Dance like it hurts. Love like you need money. Work like someone's watching."