MRI-4 (LIMIT mirror) New Kent High School, 1/9/16

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
MDUCK
Lulu

MRI-4 (LIMIT mirror) New Kent High School, 1/9/16

Post by MDUCK »

Hello everyone! New Kent High School will be hosting our annual winter tournament, the Metro-Richmond Invitational-4, on January 9th, 2016. We will be mirroring the LIMIT set produced by Lexington High School. It is a regular difficulty high school quizbowl set.

Location: This tournament will be held at New Kent High School, 7365 Egypt rd, New Kent Virginia, 23124.

Parking: All competitors should park in our main lot and use entrance A3 to gain access to the cafeteria for registration.

Team size: There can be a maximum number of 6 players on each team’s roster, with substitutions possible at half-time and between games. If you wish to bring 7 or 8 players, we ask that you register a second team and so on for anyone with larger numbers of players.

Food: No breakfast will be served. We will serve lunch consisting of pizza, chips, drinks, and various other snacks for a small price.

Fee structure:
Base fee: $70 per team
Buzzer discount: $5 for each system on which the control box and 8 buzzers work.
Staff discount: $10 for a parent, coach, non-playing student, etc. To qualify for the discount, volunteer staffers must stay through all games, not including finals.
Travel discount (150 miles or more, one way): $10
Minimum fee: $45

To officially register for this tournament, or if you have any questions concerning the tournament, please email me, Matt Duckworth, at [email protected]. Checks should be made out to “New Kent High School,” though we can also accept cash. Please pay either in advance or, preferably, on the day of the tournament. If you wish to pay in advance, please indicate this in your registration and I will send you an address. Likewise, please let me know if you will need an invoice or tax form.

The field cap is 24 teams

We hope to see you all in January

Field (teams, buzzers, staffers): ()
Blacksburg 3-3-0
Buckingham 2-1-0
Cave Spring 2-2-0
Hampton 1-3-0
HSOBX 2-1-0
Phoebus 2-1-2
Warwick 1-3-0

Total 13-13-2
Last edited by MDUCK on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Duckworth
Coach-New Kent High School
MDUCK
Lulu

Re: MRI-4 (LIMIT mirror) New Kent High School, 1/9/16

Post by MDUCK »

I am pleased to announce that we have gotten Platinum certification from PACE which means that the top 25% of our field will earn bids to PACE-NSC in Chicago, IL this year.
Matt Duckworth
MDUCK
Lulu

Post by MDUCK »

Congratulations to Cave Spring A for winning MRI-4 defeating Cave Spring B in the final. 3rd place was taken by Blacksburg A. I'd like to thank all teams and coaches for attending this season and hope to see you in the future. Many thanks also to Andrew Feist and Nate Boughner for their help moderating. Stats can be found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/3457/ combined stats will be posted sometime during next week.
Matt Duckworth
Halved Xenon Stinging
Wakka

Post by Halved Xenon Stinging »

I hope everyone enjoyed the set. If you'd like to give feedback or have any questions, please send a request to join the private discussion forum from the User Control Panel. Thanks!
Devin Shang
Lexington High School Co-Captain '16
Pomona '20
2016 National History Bee Runner-Up, 2016 National History Bowl Runner-Up
NAQT Writer
NHBB Writer