Please use tinyurl

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Please use tinyurl

Post by Matt Weiner »

This board becomes very difficult to read when a long URL causes the text in a thread to scroll past the edges of the screen. If a link you are posting is longer than the width of the post box, please use http://tinyurl.com/ or a similar site to make it shorter. Moderators will continue to replace URLs in posts that do not conform to this rule.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 »

Also, if you need a long URL, use the special url tag so that the URL itself is not displayed, but rather a shorter piece of text that can describe it. (You need to deselect the 'Disable BBCode in this post' before you do that)

The syntax is as such:

Code: Select all

[url=___________]text[/url]
Don't place a space between url and the equal sign or the equal sign and your address.
And make sure you remember the close tag so that your link doesn't trail on forever!

Example:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.hsquizbowl.org/phpBB2/]World of HS Quizbowl Bulletin Board[/url]
translates to:
World of HS Quizbowl Bulletin Board

Notice that when someone clicks your link, they actually know what it means.

Patrick King
rtmohr05
Wakka

Post by rtmohr05 »

What exactly are the rules in this forum about language, harassment, making fun of people, and things of the sort? I'm not sure I've seen anything related to this ever discussed.
Rashard Mohr
The Ohio State University
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

I'm working on getting something together to codify past announcements along those lines.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
LexZen
Kimahri

Post by LexZen »

:) :) :)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

LexZen wrote::) :) :)
>:O >:O >:O