Tournament database feedback

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
solonqb
Rikku

Tournament database feedback

Post by solonqb »

Within the next few weeks, the edit and view interfaces will be revamped and made a little less clunky. I will also hopefully be implementing an email reminder system for people to submit their results after their tournament has happened.

Any public feedback on this, or any other improvements/changes you might wish to see made, is welcome.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!
jeffburns1
Lulu

former system

Post by jeffburns1 »

The former system was too much for me to deal with as a tournament director. It required too many steps and keeping up with too much stuff (passwords and such). It wasn't worth my time to update it.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

While the display definitely needed/needs to be cleaned up, I thought the system itself actually worked out pretty well. I liked the password inclusion myself for the obvious reasons (lets change the results for a tournament where we finished last so we would be in first HAHAHA).
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

Possible changes include an email reminder to input results with a direct link to the page to enter them, including your password, obviating the need for you to remember it.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

The modify script will be out of service for a bit while I tinker around with it.
Noah Rahman
leapfrog314
Wakka

Post by leapfrog314 »

On an esoteric note, you could save about 20% of your forum bandwidth (by my reckoning) if you moved the huge internal stylesheet into an external .css file. If you also moved the internal JavaScript, that could cut another ~20%.
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

Your suggestion is noted, and will probably be acted upon around Spring Break.

The extant problems with the database are now fixed - users can again submit tournaments and modify them. Further features will be forthcoming.
Noah Rahman