HS Tournaments in Ottawa, ON -- Nov 10 and Dec 1, 2018

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
bmcke
Wakka

HS Tournaments in Ottawa, ON -- Nov 10 and Dec 1, 2018

Post by bmcke »

Lisgar CI is running Lisgar Novice on Saturday, November 10, 2018. This will use the new SCOP Novice set in a Canadian edition. It is a novice tournament, so all players must be in grade 9 or 10 or else playing in their first quizbowl tournament.

Lisgar Novice should run from 9:00 to 4:00. It costs $40, with some discounts for small teams. Ruth Crabtree is directing, and you should contact her for questions or registration. You can also contact me if you need me to give you her email address.

With ONQBA and the Carleton U club, I will be running Carleton Sublunary Tournament on Saturday, December 1, 2018. We will use the NAQT IS-178A set in Canadian edition. This is not a novice tournament, and it is open to high-school teams of any kind.

This tournament will cost $50, with a discount of $10 for teams that register before November 19. Like I did for my last few tournaments, I'll try to run it with a short schedule (7 or 8 rounds, timed with clocks), and then I'll hand out paper copies of any rounds we don't get to.

We will start at 10:00 AM on the Carleton campus that day. You should register or ask questions by emailing me, [email protected].
Brendan McKendy
University of Ottawa 2011