EFT High School Discord Open Mirror 1/19

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
karstenontheshore
Lulu

EFT High School Discord Open Mirror 1/19

Post by karstenontheshore »

Karan Gurazada and I are super excited to announce that on January 19, 2020, we will be running a HS Discord Open mirror of EFT. EFT is a "medium-difficulty college tournament designed to serve as an introduction to college quizbowl", and will provide excellent practice to those individuals or teams attending HSNCT and PACE, as well as being a fun challenge for those looking to try a higher difficulty set for the first time. The set announcement for EFT is here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22625&p=361952

This mirror will be open to high schoolers, and closed HS teams and chimeras may register. Free agents are welcome and Karan and I will facilitate team creation among free agents. The tentative field cap will be 8 teams, but we would be willing to expand if there is enough interest.

We also need at least one more staffer, and if you are interested in that, please DM me.

The fee for this mirror will be $70 per team. The link to register is here: https://tinyurl.com/EFTHSRegistration

We hope you join us on the 19th for a great day of competition!
karsten rynearson
he/him + they/them
phillips academy '22 + yale '26
raft i, ii, iii + newt
K to the A to the R to the S to the T to the E to the HOLD IT! N
karstenontheshore
Lulu

Re: EFT High School Discord Open Mirror 1/19

Post by karstenontheshore »

The field cap has expanded to 10 teams.
karsten rynearson
he/him + they/them
phillips academy '22 + yale '26
raft i, ii, iii + newt
K to the A to the R to the S to the T to the E to the HOLD IT! N
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

Do you need mods for this

(specifically are you paying mods for this)
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
entropy
Wakka

Post by entropy »

100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:30 pm Do you need mods for this
No, but thanks!
karan
utexas
TheScientists
Lulu

Post by TheScientists »

As a player in this tournament, I'd first off want to thank Karan, Karsten, and the mods for making this event an awesome and fun tournament. Shoutout to the people who created EFT on making a very stellar set.

In a 3-way tie for the top, "Say SoCal LUL One More Time, I Dare You" wins by having the highest PPG, with the "Predatory Wasps of the Palis-Abes" and the "Dal-Cal Gang" placing 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Stats are available here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... s/full_rr/

Also shoutout to my homies at the Dal-Cal Gang (Jisoo, Rohan, Ryan). You guys are the best <3 Big Truss!