RESULTS: NAQT Florida Championship (3-31-07) @ Florida

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
bornonatrain
Lulu

RESULTS: NAQT Florida Championship (3-31-07) @ Florida

Post by bornonatrain »

Dear High School Coaches,

The University of Florida will be hosting the NAQT High School Championship for the state of Florida on Sat. March 31st. Schools will be eligible to compete in junior varsity and varsity divisions. Players who are freshmen or sophomores are eligible to play in Division II, while anyone may play in Division I. A team is eligible to play in Division II if all of its players are eligible. The purpose of Division II is to allow schools and players new to the world of academic competition the ability to gain experience by playing other novice teams. The two divisions will compete separately and separate prizes will be awarded to the winners of Divisions I and II. This year's tournament will tentatively be capped at 40 teams overall, with possible exceptions based on interest. As moderators and rooms are confirmed, further teams may be able to register. Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Please register early to ensure your spot. We are limiting initial registration to two teams per school. Depending on demand, schools may be permitted additional teams after March 9th. Please indicate on your registration form if you would like to bring any extra teams in either Division and we will respond to your requests after March 9th.

The tournament format will tentatively consist of a divisional Round Robin with playoffs. Check-in will begin at 8:30 on the 31st and a light breakfast will be served beginning at 8:00.

The registration fee will be $90.00 per team with the following adjustments: $10.00 discount per fully functional buzzer system, $10 discount for a second team, and a $60.00 minimum per team. The deadline for registration is 5 PM, March 16th, but space is limited and early registration is recommended. Registration may be faxed or mailed to us. Either the actual check or proof of purchase order is acceptable. All payment information is on the enclosed page. Due to problems with too many last minute cancellations at our fall tournament, there will be a $25 fee for schools who cancel one or more teams after March 23rd.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Melissa Munkel ([email protected]) or Justin Byrd ([email protected]). For information regarding payments, invoices, or University of Florida policy, please contact Melissa Hanbery ([email protected]) or Beth Waltrip ([email protected]) at the Office of Student Activities, (352) 392-1655, during normal business hours.

Thanks,
Melissa Munkel
Justin Byrd
Tournament Directors
University of Florida
bornonatrain
Lulu

Post by bornonatrain »

Preliminary field update for those interested:

Hardee: 2 (Div I), 1 (Div II)
Westminster Christian 1 (Div I), 1 (Div II)
Wesley Chapel 1 (Div I)
Eastside HS 2 (Div I), 1 (Div II)
Lawton Chiles HS, 1 Div I, presumably.

Mailings will be going out shortly --- if you are a Florida Quiz Bowl team that has not been contacted, please send me a message via PMs or email me at [email protected].
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Stats?
bornonatrain
Lulu

Post by bornonatrain »

Round robin stats can be found here!

Final standings after the play-offs:

Div I:
1. Ransom Everglades
2. Lincoln
3. Rickards
4. Trinity Prep

Div II:
1. Choctaw B
2. Eastside C
3. Hardee C
4. Eastside D

Thanks to all of the teams for attending, and all the staff for helping out.