2007 Pre-Nationals National Poll Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
gonzagaeagleahy
Wakka

Post by gonzagaeagleahy »

True, i do see some regional bias, both from the Midwest and east coast, yet i think the poll pretty much evens it out and is fairly accurate in the final results.
Philip Marschall
Lulu

Post by Philip Marschall »

Is there going to be a post-nationals national poll?
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I am planning on it, as that will give the voters better information to use in balloting.
Philip Marschall
Lulu

Oh excellent, thanks for putting all this together
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Not a problem. It's always been a process that has interested me.
IAMNOBODY
Kimahri

Post by IAMNOBODY »

i think that CC and East Lansing should be a little higher and Troy could use to be a little farther down.
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

IP check against everyone who ever posted in the Michigan thread, hopefully we can finally ban someone. Not that they really deserve it, but come on, this board used to ban people like once a month. Fred needs to drop the hammer.

EDIT:

Preemptively: Not on me.
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

IAMNOBODY wrote:i think that CC and East Lansing should be a little higher and Troy could use to be a little farther down.
Who are you, how would you rank the teams, and why?
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

Dolemite wrote:
IAMNOBODY wrote:i think that CC and East Lansing should be a little higher and Troy could use to be a little farther down.
Who are you, how would you rank the teams, and why?
Don't bother...he's a nobody.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Fred's first tip for posting: don't make your first post a sweeping judgment of teams without introducing yourself or otherwise making yourself seem like a person with an agenda.
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Comparing this poll to the NAQT results, it looks like the underrated award goes to Whitman, Moravian, or Walnut Hills.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

True, but those are to be expected, especially for Moravian and Walnut Hills, which are somewhat underreported areas.

But we nailed three of the top four!
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

I didn't mean to disrespect the poll. As a matter of fact, it held up remarkably well considering how few times many of the top teams had played each other.
Philip Marschall
Lulu

We at Raleigh Charter just played much below our ability all weekend. Sorry for not holding up our part of the poll.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

ReinsteinD wrote:I didn't mean to disrespect the poll. As a matter of fact, it held up remarkably well considering how few times many of the top teams had played each other.
It will be forgiven. This time.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like you were being disrespectful or anything; I was just trying to give a rationale as to why they were underrated :)
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Matthew D
Yuna

Post by Matthew D »

Philip Marschall wrote:We at Raleigh Charter just played much below our ability all weekend. Sorry for not holding up our part of the poll.
I got to watch you guys in practice against Livingston on Friday night and then on Saturday when you guys played State College... honestly, on Friday night I was thinking you guys were one of the main teams to beat and for the first part of the State College match, you seemed be hanging in there.. then the wind just left the sails BUT that happens, no need to apologize for doing your best... you are a good team...
Philip Marschall
Lulu

Yeah, on Friday we were playing very well, but I'm not really sure what happened the next two days.