Minnesota '07-'08

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
LeCoqRouge
Lulu

Re: Minnesota '07-'08

Post by LeCoqRouge »

y'all need to take a major chill pill. I was only half joking, though. Obviously mr. Walton will be able to clarify the pay topic, but I happen to know that coaching positions pay will barely offset the cost of transportation throughout the season. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

-Patrick Johnson

Edina Quiz Bowl

AKA, LeCoqRouge
Patrick Johnson, Edina Quiz Bowl
From the land of the Imperial Skateboard Assassin:

Le Coq Rouge
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

Jackpot!
Greg Peterson

Northwestern University '18
Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

"a decent player" - Mike Cheyne
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

LeCoqRouge wrote:y'all need to take a major chill pill. I was only half joking, though. Obviously mr. Walton will be able to clarify the pay topic, but I happen to know that coaching positions pay will barely offset the cost of transportation throughout the season. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

-Patrick Johnson

Edina Quiz Bowl

AKA, LeCoqRouge
Hey dude,

The issue is that you came on the forums and almost immediately started trolling. Whether this was your intention or not, that was definitely the reaction you caused. And then, instead of identifying yourself when asked to, you ran with your unfunny of being LE COQ ROUGE~!@~!@1323wefsfvf nhgmtduyjy to no one's amusement. The purpose of the whole "identify yourself" policy is to try and prevent trolling and keep people from getting all irritated over stuff.

With that being said, welcome to the forum. I don't think anyone was too upset over the whole "if you have to ask..." thing, as much as the continuance of not id'ing yourself.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to LeCoqRouge and any other interested high schoolers to attend our Minnesota-sponsored summer quizbowl practices. Despite the fact that the school year is still running, we have had a very positive turnout of both high school and college players to our first two; enough that we've been able to run two rooms so that everyone is hearing questions at the appropriate difficulty level.

Please drop me a line at [email protected] to get on the email list.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
sam.peterson
Lulu

Post by sam.peterson »

LeCoqRouge wrote:y'all need to take a major chill pill. I was only half joking, though. Obviously mr. Walton will be able to clarify the pay topic, but I happen to know that coaching positions pay will barely offset the cost of transportation throughout the season. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

-Patrick Johnson

Edina Quiz Bowl

AKA, LeCoqRouge
There is no Patrick Johnson from Edina quiz bowl... At least, I couldn't find any stats for one.
Sam Peterson
Harvard College '13
Chaska High School '09
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

sam.peterson wrote:There is no Patrick Johnson from Edina quiz bowl... At least, I couldn't find any stats for one.
If this is true I'm going to be beyond annoyed.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
naturalistic phallacy
Auron

Post by naturalistic phallacy »

Yeah, and nobody in Minnesota would ever call Kirk "mr. Walton".
Bernadette Spencer
University of Minnesota, MCTC
Member, NAQT
Member, ACF
Member Emeritus, PACE