Indiana 07-08

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
evilmonkey
Yuna

Indiana 07-08

Post by evilmonkey »

Any predictions for the upcoming year?

Harrison might be good as always, but they are losing Fuhe, Dafang, and Ariel. I think that next year may see a new top team in Indiana.

Culver is losing me (Bryce), but is returning the other three members of the varsity team (the Erics and Kirsten).

St. Joe's is losing a couple of seniors, but retains their most impressive player, Arnav.

Andrean is losing at least two from their varsity team. I really don't know much about them, though.

Most of Southern Indiana I don't know about, as I've only seen them in Brownsburg or the state tournament, both of which are NAC.

Obviously, since the state tourney is NAC, anyone could win.
In terms of best team, I think it could be an interesting year. I think St. Joe's has a good shot of being that team if they have players to support Arnav. However, you should never count out Harrison or Culver.
pblessman
Tidus

Post by pblessman »

Pecking order in Indiana NAQT-land right now:

St Joe's
Harrison
Culver
Everybody Else

I'd love to see Washington and Penn at a tournament with Culver and Harrison... Washington beat St. Joe's in Conference play, but that doesn't give me enough info as to how good they really are... I just wish more teams played more tournaments...
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

Washington is as good as O'Dell. (Think Arnav.) Penn and Adams are also good.

From Duneland, I've only seen Andrean, but they returned almost everyone from last year, so they're solid.
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
evilmonkey
Yuna

Post by evilmonkey »

Andrean actually lost two of the members of their varsity team.
Bryce Durgin
Culver Academies '07
University of Notre Dame '11
Texas A&M '15
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

"Pecking order in Indiana NAQT-land right now:

St Joe's
Harrison
Culver
Everybody Else"

I would agree with this, based on the results from the Culver event this past weekend. All three teams are very strong, and from what I could see, there wasn't anyone else in Indiana that could consistenly hang with them on NAQT sets.