Spotswood's ACT I and II Cancelled

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
msuter
Lulu

Spotswood's ACT I and II Cancelled

Post by msuter »

Spotswood High School in Penn Laird, Va., will not be hosting their invitational ACT I and ACT II tournaments this year, so the November 17 date is open as well as the March one.

I have directed and written questions for these tournaments since 1990 and have thoroughly enjoyed doing them and meeting so many great coaches and teams, but I am ready to "hang up my hat" and enjoy some of my retirement time. The current coaches do not feel they have the time nor the expertise to take over hosting a tournament at this time.

Best wishes to all of you as you continue to improve the quality and visibility of quiz bowl both in high school and college.

Marian Suter
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

Thank you for your many years of running the ACT tournament. As what is probably the longest running high school academic tournament in Virginia, (Correct me if I am wrong.) ACT has helped to create and maintain interest in quizbowl in the Commonwealth, especially is areas west of the major population centers.

We attended several of your tournaments and always found them to be well run.

Enjoy your retirement. Hopefully you will stay in touch with the game in some way. But, in any case, we appreciate everything you have done in support of academic competition in Virginia.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Marian:

You are the best! We'll not forget your contribution to the vitality of this acticvity and to its participants.

JRB