The ultra-big VHSL results thread

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Re: The ultra-big VHSL results thread

Post by jbarnes112358 »

Yeah, I knew lunch would be an issue when I learned the dining hall was closed and they offered so few alternatives. Luckily we spotted a Subway on the way in, so we drove to that with no problems. I believe this is the first time the event was during W & M's spring break. I never remember the dining hall not being open in years past. On the positive side, parking was a breeze.

As to the tournament format, questions, etc., keep the good suggestions coming. I was recently invited to join the VHSL state Scholastic Bowl committee. I will certainly be willing to be an advocate for positive changes to the whole process.
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

jbarnes112358 wrote:As to the tournament format, questions, etc., keep the good suggestions coming. I was recently invited to join the VHSL state Scholastic Bowl committee. I will certainly be willing to be an advocate for positive changes to the whole process.
Oh that's great news! Obviously can't expect a ton of changes, but it's good to know there's an advocate on the board.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

Learned and verified this today:

Lee High (who finished third in Group A) had not won an quizbowl contest of any sort since 1992 (you have to go back to the old STAR competition.)